Mundane Tarot Tips

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had some tips on doing mundane tarot reading, like politics, and such? I am very interested in this, and if anyone can direct me to some place on the internet or their own info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Serpenta

Crowqueen

As someone who does it all the time with my divination work, and it's also the reason I took up tarot in the first place, I can safely say it's about as effective as reading for personal querents. My first deck was the Avalon Tarot, which is very good for reading UK politics, with its images of knights, queens and quests for the Holy Grail, and the World card depicts the British Isles.

Politics is just human behaviour writ large, so there is no reason to believe that it takes a special person or methods to do it. If you are interested, by all means go ahead. There is one "election candidate" spread on the spreads board, but it was designed with the 04 US Election in mind. Maybe you can contribute your own spread?

I found a spread I did for my council candidate boyfriend was spot on in terms of the results of his election.

A word of warning though, the mods don't like people discussing politics on the non-political forum (there is one on the subscribers area, but it is hidden from view and I have pledged myself "not to go there").

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Crow, thanks for the advice, didnt really know its iffy to chat about it here, people may get in a fury. I am trying to figure out a spread to create, I am at a loss at this moment though, great you have a deck that can do this, thanks again.

Serpenta

Elven

Hi SerpentaAzothi :)

Have you tried other forms of divination to retrieve answers to cerain topis and questions.
A pendulum can locate areas on maps, and answer questions. This method may take some time to develop, but persistance and patience will bring rewarding results, which you can then compliment or intergrate into your tarot reading/s.

I have had some success finding personal stolen property and locating people who have been overseas - not all have been spot on - but some people are 'born diviners' - maybe your one of them!

Blessings
Elven x

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Elven, yes I have used pendulums but I never had a need for them, thats interesting that the tarot can compliment with it, I will sure try it out. Thanks,

Serpenta

Crowqueen

SerpentaAzothi said:
Hi Crow, thanks for the advice, didnt really know its iffy to chat about it here, people may get in a fury. I am trying to figure out a spread to create, I am at a loss at this moment though, great you have a deck that can do this, thanks again.

Serpenta

I guess as long as we stay general, and don't slag off particular people or politicians, it seems to be OK. The problem for me is that I have specific people in mind, but I've actually learned it pays to stay neutral about these things to give your ego less power over your mind's powers. Happily as I let go of the ego I got confirmation of my premonitions, so it was quite a nice feeling.

paradoxx

SerpentaAzothi said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had some tips on doing mundane tarot reading, like politics, and such? I am very interested in this, and if anyone can direct me to some place on the internet or their own info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Serpenta

Tips, I guess practice practice practice is my first suggustion. Secondly, I would have to say that different decks relate to different scenerios, court cards seem to represent people in power, major arcania seem to represent positions of power and major events. the minor arcania represent the flow of events. This may or may not be true for all readings, but in general the meaning of your tarot reading should come to be fairly quickly.

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, Paradoxx, thanks for your insight, very interesting and makes sense. It was there in front of me and I didnt realize it, I was trying the most vague ways, that frustrated me and got me thinking what is the real way, to read them on this topic, thanks so much I appreciate it!

Serpenta