Newbies! Seasoned Readers! Test Your Accuracy-Reading Exercise

TheLovers2

Everyone, hello!

Here's a challenge and it could prove to be quite fun. The other day, an idea came to me to do a Reading on a situation that had already taken place (in my life) to test my accuracy. I'm sure others have done it, but, it never really occurred to me. So, I did and it was very interesting. Here is my proposal:

1) A person will post a situation (circumstances) briefly in the Your Readings Thread, that they know has already taken place, preferrably in their own lives; not something pertaining to a famous event - make it more close to home. Even though these are past events, make it something you know personally. If you want it to be about a friend or relative's situation then that seems to me to be valid, but, you must be certain of the outcome. Keep in mind that you must do a Reading on this situation yourself (even though you know the outcome). However, Do not post it yet. Your Reading will be posted in the Your Readings Thread only after others have had their chance to post their Readings of your Situation.

2) So, again once the situation is presented, others will take on the "challenge" and do their own Reading on it, which should be posted in the "Your Readings" Thread only, not here. For clarity purposes, I am suggesting that each new situation presented be an Individual Thread started, titled in the Reading Thread as, e.g., Test Your Accuracy Reading Exercise-(insert username) TheLovers2: Situation, subject line: Good Friend/Bad Friend, etc. All Readings for that Thread would be posted there - until an appropriate number of Readings have been posted. (Not sure how many? 10?)

3) After a certain number of Readings have been posted in a "Situation Thread" then the author of that situation will then post THEIR Reading and (the deck you used would be nice to know, but, you don't have to) and their interpretation to show how they did on their own situation. This is good, I think, because it gives us a chance to see if others saw what we saw at all in our own Reading or did we somehow slant the Reading for ourselves because we already knew the outcome. Exercise in objectivity, esp. good for those of us who like to Read for ourselves. Note: The author will also tell the Real Outcome of the Situation.

4) Initial comments and ALL questions should be posted here, not in the Your Readings Thread, esp., until the author of the situation has had a chance to post the outcome and their particular Reading, so as not to clutter the Thread, since the idea is to post your Readings. We want to be able to get to everyone's Readings without sorting through lots of comments there.

5) I will begin, shortly after posting this, however, New Threads/Situations may be posted whenever, but, please try to follow the guidelines to keep it orderly and when posting Comments or Questions in the Talking Tarot Thread, please indicate in the subject line: Comments or Questions re: XYZ's Situation.

Again, I will get it started as soon as I get some clarification from the Mods at Your Reading.

Any questions, thus far or comments?

That's basically it. Happy Reading!!

link to Thread in Your Readings:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=60851

TL2 :TLOVE

TheLovers2

Calligirl - thank you for your Reading.

Calligirl - interesting. Thank you for your Reading. I wish I could say more, but, as you're the first, I have to wait. Since I do have the RWS, I am going to pull your exact cards to try to see what you saw.

I think this will prove a fun and insightful exercise for all those who participate and I for one plan to learn a lot, not only about "how" I Read for myself, but, Reading in general. It would be nice, also, if I can attain some accuracy when I get the chance to "try my hand" so to speak for others. I am also really looking forward to sharing "what I got" when I dealt the cards.

Again, thanks for "biting." :)

Note: I need suggestions as to a time limit and I have no idea. It was suggested to me to do a time limit, as opposed to specific # of posts. Anyone?

calligirl

Being the impatient person that I am, I don't which would be worse, time or # of posts! I guess perhaps we shall see how it goes?

I think this is a great way to check ourselves and see how we are doing as long as we remember that we all have our own way of interpreting things. Should prove very interesting!

TheLovers2

calligirl said:
Being the impatient person that I am, I don't which would be worse, time or # of posts! I guess perhaps we shall see how it goes?

I think this is a great way to check ourselves and see how we are doing as long as we remember that we all have our own way of interpreting things. Should prove very interesting!

Absolutely! We do have our own way, but, it can be food for thought and a way to help us to make any adjustments or improvements, get new ideas or just plain consider how we Read our own stuff. In terms of that aspect, what I would like is that once I post my Reading at the end, that someone will take my particular cards (it would be great if they are able to use the same deck I used) and let me know what they get from Reading the exact same cards. In other words, did anyone come close to getting what I got or did they get something entirely different (which would be fine, too).

I definitely think the exercise taken altogether allows for manifold ways to examine our Readings: We can, of course, look at another's cards and interps, we get the chance to Read others' situations to see how close we get to the actual outcome and we can get feedback on our Reading of our own situation; all to stimulate us personally in how we Read. Reading for future situations is very different from this, but, this can help us I think in harnessing our intuition.

Thanks. :)

TheLovers2

Squeakmo9 - Thank you for your Reading!

Squeakmo9, hello:

You're are the 2nd Reader in the exercise. Already, this is becoming quite interesting to me. Obviously, I can't comment on your Reading, but, I have the Osho Zen and so I can pull the exact cards you pulled for an examination to see what I ascertain from them.

Blessings,

MoonLitCrystal

This sounds like an awesome idea! The only thing is, I can't yet access the readings folder. I do not have one month of membership :(

That's ok though, maybe next time ;)

Sian100

That sounds like a great idea, only I have to get my posts up a bit before I can participate!

TheLovers2

MoonlitCrystal and Sian100 Thank you so much for your interest in the Exercise. When that happens, I look forward to your Readings. At that time, hopefully, there will be a new Situation for you to sink your teeth into. :D

Blessings,

TheLovers2

Netzach You're my 3rd Reader. Thank you for contributing! I will be pulling your cards at some point - when I catch up - as I do have the Rohrig.
Lady Orchard My 4th contributor. Thank you! I'd like to pull your cards, also. Is this the Intuitive (I believe there's 2) by Cilla Conway? If not, I can still pull the same cards with a different deck, but, I'd prefer to use the same one if I can. I want to see the images that you saw. Different decks, obviously, present different renderings of a card and intuitively :D, we may be affected by those differences. I usually am. Let me know, ok? :)
Fantasy World The 5th Reader. Thanks so much, FW! I do have the Universal-Waite and look forward to pulling your cards to see what I come up with.
Indigo Rose The 6th Reader. You know I always appreciate your contributions/posts! Thank you! As you know, I do have the Spiral - not the book - but, I do have the deck. I tell you I am thinking more and more about getting that book when I can. It does add further insight, I can see from your posts. I will be pulling the cards in Spiral.

Asides, from the other beneficial aspects mentioned in terms of this Exercise, this is proving to be quite cathartic. :) I think that is a very valid experience when getting a Reading.

squeakmo9

Hi TL2,
If there is still a question of how long to leave a given situation to read for and study, why not a week like the other reading circles. Just a suggestion:)