weekly collection

starchild

here in spain lo scarabe have been doing a deal at the newsagents each week. its a full set of tarot cards with a magazine (a thin one) but still very informative. its only 10euros and i am building up a lovly collection. in fact i love this idea as i have some lovly cards that i probly wouldnt have actually bought.
but these cards although they are boxed and from lo scarebe they are all slightly smaller then a standard deck and i thought they were a lot thinner although comparing the new vision deck with another new vision deck they didnt seem much thinner. just shorter. but i wonder. as these cards come in a weekly deal. and the price is so low. is it realy a collection so to speak. i am realy happy with them but from a collectors point of veiw do you think im just getting bad copys with nice pictures or do you think coming from lo scarebe i can still be proud of them. so to speak. lol
or would it be a good idea to still keep up this collection but buy the shop bought versions also.
ps they come in loads of languages also.

firecatpickles

Oh I am so jealous! What a great thing to have from a regular publication. I could not imagine ever having something like that in this country! Mazel Tov!

K:spade:K

Eco74

Sounds like a good deal..

Probably, the cards are a bit smaller to distinguish them from the regular publications. A fairly standard thing to do for PR and special deals like for magazines and the like.

So, if you want the "proper publication decks" you could treat them like demos, but I also can't imagine Lo Scarabeo making any sort of "crap deck" just to make it cheap so I think that I'd probably go for the deal myself if it were available here.
If nothing else, they're easy to use, easy to shuffle, not-too-big, easy to lug around decks and that's always good to have. Especially for people like me who often thinks that a second copy of a deck that gets used more often would be good to have so I could still have one in perfect condition.. :p

Lillie

You can be proud of anything that you have that you like.
I would be proud of them if they were mine!

I wish we got that magazine here.

If you are also talking about resale value, or the collectable value of these, then I have no idea wether being published like that makes them rarer than the normal ones.

Just enjoy them, and maybe buy the bigger version of any you really, really like.

Ooh! You are so lucky!

redflash

I wonder if this is a publication that might come to the UK ? Partworks like this are very popular ( I used to run a newsagents. ) Hope it heads this way !

December Fairy

I would love to find a magazine with something like that in it.

Enjoy

Cerulean

I think the limited runs can be treated as enjoyable novelties

...and just a nice thing overall!

If you receive a full 78-card deck and enjoy the magazine, I think that's a very good deal.

Even if you only receive 22 majors, it sounds like fun.

Cerulean

seneris

I wish I could get my hands on that magazine... I did get the Major Arcana (very small size) of the Osho tarot with one magazine though, but I guess that was a one time only offer.

catlin

Oh, we don't have that magazine here (I wish we had).

I don't think that LS uses another cardstock on that special edition since the LS oracle decks are also printed on a very good cardboard and they are cheaper than a tarot deck.

Congrats on your new collection. BTW keep on collecting them since they are not published in UK, USA and Germany I am pretty sure that is either a special edition for Spain (does anyone know if they are available in Italy or Portugal?) or a kind of trial run there, so chances are good that they will bring a good price in some years.