Gilded going banana???

catlin

Hi guys,
When I pulled out my not-used Gilded tarot, I noticed that this one had started going banana. It was the mass market edition and since I know that lots of you have this deck I am wondering if you have the same problem?

I have bought it in 2004 from German amazon.de, have kept it in the little black organza baggy in the original box and only looked it throught twice.

I also have the banana problem with a Shapeshifter copy (got it in a trade) and the Fergus Hall witches (the latter I could de-banana successfully whereas the Shapeshifter needs an occasional de-banana exercise), all other decks are fine.

Tarot Galadriel

I have the Gilded and so far that is fine, though I have noticed it happen with my LS Tarot of the New Vision.
I know of a few people on here had it happen on various decks, seems fairly common when I have read the posts in the past. Maybe a moisture thing I guess??

catlin

Tarot Galadriel said:
Maybe a moisture thing I guess??

Nope, since I keep my decks in the living room or the reading room and both are dry and heated (in winter). Besides, I store there all my other decks.

My New Vision is still in good shape. So I suppose it has something to do with the printing process *sigh*

Currently I have placed the Gilded below some thick books to de-banana it again and then I will be thinking about using it.

Tarot Galadriel

Yes I think it may well be the printing process, as I keep all my decks together and really only two have warped slightly (New Vision and Lovers Path) while the others are fine, straigth as anything. Very strange.

catlin

So I think all I can do about it will be putting the Gilded into use.

Whitestar

What does a deck going banana mean?

I think it means warping...or turning yellow?

lark

Yes, it means warping ...getting a curve to it.
My oldest Robin Wood went bananas...but it had had coffee spilled on it and I had to wipe each card down...it's fine now.
I've never had a deck turn yellow on me ...
Although my IJJ Swiss is very old and looks a little yellowish.

LTG2201

That happened to my Original RW. It was like that as soon as I got it. I managed to almost completly flatten it out.

Crowqueen

It happens to postcards of mine for sale. I put them between the pages of heavy books.

And then forget where they are and spend half the evening looking for them when someone buys them :(.

None of my tarot cards are like that though. I do keep them in their boxes, which might help, but I suppose if even new decks are like that then that may be no protection.

HearthCricket

So far none of my decks have done this. I do keep them in the boxes, and keep the boxes next to each other, snug, in a larger holding box. This keeps everything pretty flat! This is one reason I rarely use bags, and if I do have a box for my deck, and a bag, I keep the deck in the box, and then put it in the bag!!!