PDA

View Full Version : Subscription

spoonbender
15-06-2006, 22:40
Today I suddenly couldn't see the Subscriber Section anymore, so I assume my subscription ended. My question is: shouldn't we get some sort of warning beforehand? :confused:

It just seems so very sudden - honestly, I would have appreciated to have received an e-mail a few days beforehand, saying that my subscription will soon expire. Since I'm not interested in renewing my subscription, I would have liked to have had a proper, actual goodbye, and would have liked to check some threads I was interested in.

I don't like this AT ALL.

Spoon

Kahlie
15-06-2006, 22:51
Dear Spoon,

You are supposed to get an e-mail a few days in advance... I never got one either, but I remembered around when my subscription began...

Kahlie

Alta
15-06-2006, 23:05
Dear spoonbender,

Sorry about that, you are supposed to get a notice in advance. I feel bad this happened to you, I guess it slipped.

fairyhedgehog
16-06-2006, 00:30
If people do slip through the net like this, would Solandia consider giving them an extra week to say goodbye in?

Solandia
16-06-2006, 11:36
Hi spoonbender,

You would have been sent a reminder email back in mid-March, as all subscribers are sent a reminder email to the address in their profile two weeks before their subscription is due to expire.

There was a glitch in the subscriber system with your account, however, and your subscription continued for almost an extra three months for free until yesterday when the mistake was found, when it should have expired in March.

You're welcome to re-subscribe (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/forum/subscribe_details.shtml), should you wish to have subscriber options again. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

~ Solandia

spoonbender
16-06-2006, 20:42
I had no idea whatsoever. I will gladly make a donation to the Forum to repay those three months!!! I had NO idea. I can't recall ever receiving an e-mail about it in March - I checked my Inbox to be sure and I can't find anything... Could it be that there was a mix-up after all?

I still think it's unfortunate that I didn't have a proper goodbye, although I of course understand that you had to fix the problem. :( What I do not understand, however, is why I wasn't informed of this? As is clear, it came as a total surprise to me.

Spoon

Moonbow
16-06-2006, 20:51
I think Spoonbender that it would be a good idea for you to discuss this with Solandia privately now that the reason why this happened has been explained to you.

There are some techical issues that can only be dealt with by the Administrator and I think this is one of them.