Goodbye to Tarot .. for a while.

Little Baron

Hi all

Lately, my readings have lacked something.

I feel like I have been trying too hard. Trying to hard too understand and 'get it'.

I have been frustrated and not felt comfortable with any of my decks.

So I havge decided to put them away as it isn't working. Tarot has been part of my life, almost daily, for the last decade and now I feel I need a break.

But instead, I wanted to try something new. Something with no structure.

So I bought the 'Soul Cards 2' deck this evening on my way home. They are infront of me and I have not yet turned one over. I don't know how I will find them but I feel I need to search for that old innocence and spirit I had when I started tarot. It somehow got lost amongst traditions and 'which deck was the oldest and best', numbers, suit and trump changes etc etc etc. I am hoping that the Soul Cards will be a nice holiday from the tarot, however long that will be.

So, I hope that the Oracle Groups will welcome me into their fold. I have never really used an oracle. I actually can not imagine how it will be or whether I will get anything out of it.

LB

firecatpickles

:( No! No! No! You can't go!

K:spade:K

huredriel

((((((LB)))))) sorry to hear you are not planning on using your Tarot for a while ...... I hope your enthusiasm returns quickly!!! Soul cards :love: ....... oh these are so on my wishlist!!!! Hope to see you in the Intuitive Oracle group too ...... new sign-up will hopefully be next week :)

x Huredriel

tarotbear

Dear Littlebudda ~

Part of maturity is knowing when to take a break. If you need a break, then by all means, take a well-deserved one!

We will all be waiting here when you return ... :) older, but we'll still be here ! :smoker:

Alta

Soul Cards are an exellent oracle. One of the best in my opinion.

Flavio

Nobody better than you knows when you need to take a break, even for our daily jobs we need holidays once in a while.

Hope you find what you are looking for and then see you back to Tarot.

Best Regards
Flavio

Little Baron

Thank you all for your kind words. You are all such important people to me and have become such a big part of my life.

I think that I was just pushing myself a bit too hard and my readings and study lacked that initial spark. I still found the tarot exciting but I felt like I was somehow missing the point. I was searching for the wrong things within it. The light had gone out and my decks were no longer working effectively with me driving them.

I have just made my way through the soul cards. They are very 'alike' and there a couple that I was not too keen on but they were very beautiful. And I like them. I like that fact that I have to get to know them for them to be effective, so I will need to develop a natural relationship with the deck. Unlike anyone else will do with their set. I won't have books to read or think about how Waite is different to Crowley etc. All of these things were extremely interesting but I felt like the more I learnt, the less I actually knew.

So, the Soul Cards will be my vehicle for the forseeable future. I feel that they have come just at the right time. I have looked at them many times but never considered them as a viable option or replacement for tarot.

Thanks guys. You really are the best!

LB

Umbrae

Tarot cards, oracle cards, playing cards, greeting cards...

Substitute one for another and you know what...something will still be missing.

Take a break - it's still missing... Stick around the forums long enough and folks drop off, lose interest - something missing...

The decks don't connect...something missing...

Might wanna try toothpicks...

But until you find your 'connection'...something will be missing. Don't matter how many decks you have, how much money you have, how wonderful your trophy spouse is, what you own, what you drive, clothes you wear - meaningless.

Until you figure out how to plug into the meta-pattern that some call the divine...

Ego drivin' reading don't work.

Little Baron

Hi Umbrae

I think that it is not just replacing the decks. I think it is approaching things differently. Working with things differently. I think that I have been, for a long time, yearning to read well. Not just for me, but for others. And in the process, I don't think I was really getting as much out of the tool as I could have been. So now, I am just going to let my work with this deck flow naturally. To feel the urge and inclination 'not to read' as much as 'to read'. No pressure. I think all of the previous information was starting to overload somewhat.

Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe toothpicks will be the way to go. Without realising that I was doing so, I used to read raindrops and shuffled cd songs as a kid.

LB

thinbuddha

I have soul cards- they are beautiful. They have been sitting in storage since the day I got them, though..... I hope your experience is richer than mine has been.

I really haven't given them a chance because I'm still so enamored with my thoth deck......