The Victorian Flower Oracle Kit

babyJo

WOOWOHHOOOO

I hope some of you notice that Baba new creation, the "The Victorian Flower Oracle Kit" will be published next week!!

Just placed my order at their store...you know what?! It said that the first 50orders get a FREE GIFT :) look like there is 29 left.... hurry up guys !! LOL

New! We will also give our most generous free gift yet. The first fifty orders only will receive a beautiful (they really are - we will try to post a link with a photo) hand-made print of one of the Fleurs images on heavyweight, textured, water-colour paper.
We would usually sell a print of this size and quality for $18- 20.

I can't wait to get this.... and I hope they accept pre-order for the "The Victorian Romantic Tarot" soon

::HAPPY HAPPY DANCE DANCE::
~Jo

Edited: here is the link to see the deck
http://www.magic-realist.com/Victorian_flower_oracle

and you can order from them direct...here
http://www.baba-store.com/

Sophie

It is exciting! Another beautiful deck created out of the gorgeous etchings of JJ Grandville (they used his animal illustrations for Fantastic Menagerie Tarot) - this time taken from his Fleurs Animées (Animated Flowers), his last completed work.

It should work beautifully as an oracle :)

MareSaturni

:O

Where do i buy this deck!?
Site? Amazon? Give me the link :O :O :O

Danke ;)

baba-prague

It's come out beautifully, I'm glad to say. It's our first oracle and these pictures seemed the best possible way to begin - beautiful, evocative and also quite strange and surreal in a gentle way. I do love Grandville - it was such a pleasure to work on this.

Here are a few cards. I haven't yet read with this deck myself (I didn't write the book, it's by Sheila Hamilton). I think it will read in an interesting way.

But... it's only half (one-tenth!) published as we only had a few from the packers this week and they've all gone. More will arrive next week - then gradually it will begin to be shipped out to shops.

Here are a few cards:

Attachments

• dahlia.jpg
    dahlia.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Primrose_and_Snowdrop.jpg
    Primrose_and_Snowdrop.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 151
  • cactus.jpg
    cactus.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Tea_and_Coffee.jpg
    Tea_and_Coffee.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Pomegranate_flower.jpg
    Pomegranate_flower.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 163

darwinia

Cornflowers, poppies, flax, hawthorn, lilac, violet, lily, narcissus, verbena, wild rose, nasturtium, pansy, primrose, snowdrop, marigold, daffodil, tulip, rose, scabiosa, thistle, and sweet pea are all things I have in my own garden.

Oh-oh, I smell danger, and while I don't have orange blossom, my mock orange shrubs are scenting the land right now.

Hey the Water Arum is the same picture as The Star in the Fantastic Menagerie, only with a person not an animal. I guess Grandville knew a good composition when he created one.

Colby

Ooohhh it is such a beautiful deck... baba-prague, you should be soooo proud of it.

Baroli

This oracle, I think would be the perfect companion to Fantastic Menagerie if you are combining both Tarot and Oracle together, as I am beginning to do. Grandville is just lovely with the illustrations. I am looking forward to adding this to my collection. The pictures are beautiful baba-prague.

Baroli

baba-prague

darwinia said:
Hey the Water Arum is the same picture as The Star in the Fantastic Menagerie, only with a person not an animal. I guess Grandville knew a good composition when he created one.

No, that's us. You will recognise Violet as the Hermit too (well, the leaves, not the maidens). We used as little as possible of the Fleurs in the Fantastic Menagerie (well, em, they are flowers not animals aren't they ;) }, but sometimes we couldn't resist. Where we did use them the images are Alex-collage-redraws - don't know how else to describe them, because it's really a recombination, not classic collage. In fact, in Fantastic Menagerie quite a lot of the images are substantially changed from the Grandville originals but the changes are very seamless I think.

Edited to add - the Flower Oracle sticks 100% to the Grandville images. The task there was different - we worked from a rather battered mid 19th century copy (hand-coloured - the originals as supervised by Grandville, not a later reprint) and Alex had to do a lot of "resoration" to get the images looking as they would have when first printed.

The deck has a stunning back by the way - using gold ink, I must post a picture (we've been using silvers and golds a bit more recently). The cards are completely varnished but the varnish is almost matt - we wanted an antique look.

babyJo

Sound great!! Please post a photo!!
Can't wait to see mine copy :)
~Jo

baba-prague said:
The deck has a stunning back by the way - using gold ink, I must post a picture (we've been using silvers and golds a bit more recently). The cards are completely varnished but the varnish is almost matt - we wanted an antique look.