Reading carpet samples??? Breath Mints???

Red Emma

Last night at a class in intuitive development we'd been reading tarot cards. Then the instructor gave a couple of women batches of carpet samples, just as they came from the carpet store. The batches were about five or six inches thick, bound at one end so customers could easily check through them.

When I was asked to be a querant, I ruffled through them and chose one for no apparent reason. Randomly, I guess.

The reading I was given blew me away. It was spot on about an issue I'm wrestling with at the moment.

My jaw dropped, still isn't back in place.

Later in the evening she was playing with a box of Altoids (mint candies about the size of aspirin if they're only a U.S. product.) She said, "Watch this," and scattered a handful across the floor. They looked like the Big Dipper to me. Other people read them, with a variety of themes dealing with the instructor's past lives. Each different, but seemed to be part of a -- well, kind of a big picture the individual readings fit into.

Where did the information come from, out there in the ether, or the quantum soup if you're into that concept?

In this class she's had us finding, working with various angels in our individual environments. It's been spectaculary successful for most of the class members. For old 'read the cards by the book' Emma, less so, although I did manage a couple of conversations with my own ethereal consultant.

During last night's class I discovered that when I looked at a card kind of 'hard' the picture screen in my mind was a blank. After I put the card down, and quit trying so hard, words and phrases popped into my mind.

Which probably gives me a path to explore. In spite of my postings about "some people just have to read by the book" I would like to read by instinct or intuition, or whatever it is that most of you guys have available to you. It's just that if it ain't available, it ain't available. So we non-intuitives do the best we can.

Blessings

tarotbear

"Divination."

If you accept Jung's hypothesis of 'archtypes' that we are all born with, then anything that 'reaches' those archtypes can be used for divination purposes.

Don't understand the carpet samples exactly, but what's the difference between reading clumps of Altoids and reading tea leaves ... very little as I see them.

SunChariot

The Altoids experiment reminds me of when I read Runes. I see what the shape they land in reminds me of and that becomes part of my answer. :grin: I can see the carpet samples thing, as each must be different colours, textures...all that can embody meaning.

What a wonderful course. I wish there had been something like that when I started!

I have always read Tarot/Oracles intuitively, and it really is a wonder where the asnwers come from. After over two years, you can never know for sure. But they do come, when you relax and approach it as a game. :grin: And the asnwers that come have been very very accurate and quite detailed for me too. It certainly does make you feel good, and connected. After a while it certainly makes you know you are connected to something greater than yourself, call that the collective unconscious or a higher power of some kind. Whatever you call it, when you pull the answers from yourself like that it certainly makes you feel connected.

Personally, I have never been one of those readers who read by the book, or who even put much emphasis on learning book meanings. I managed to remember the main meanings for the Majors, over time. Along a basic knowledge of how I treat Courts and reversals, and the main meanings of the suits. These sometimes enter into my readings, but they are a minor part at best.

So yeah, it is basically intuition for me. PM me if you want to compare notes. :grin:

And btw, great book on intutive reading:

A Magical Course in Tarot, by Michelle Morgan

Babs

Umbrae

Sounds to me like a good teacher.

That sort of thing has been discussed here before, both Toothpicks and other assorted items.

Tarot is just a tool. Divination can be done with anything…after all – the world is an oracle…

Sheri

Originally posted by Umbrae:
Tarot is just a tool. Divination can be done with anything…after all – the world is an oracle…

I don't think I really started my journey until the day I realized this!

Truer words were never spoken, Umbrae! You are truly a gift from the universe to us all!

valeria :)

Grizabella

**During last night's class I discovered that when I looked at a card kind of 'hard' the picture screen in my mind was a blank. After I put the card down, and quit trying so hard, words and phrases popped into my mind.

Which probably gives me a path to explore. In spite of my postings about "some people just have to read by the book" I would like to read by instinct or intuition, or whatever it is that most of you guys have available to you. It's just that if it ain't available, it ain't available. So we non-intuitives do the best we can.**

You know, I've had trouble with this before, too, Emma. I'm slowly learning, though, that if I just don't try so hard and don't try to reach for the "learned" meanings, then things do spring to my mind that are quite intuitive. Like, the guy on the Robin Wood five of pentacles is missing a leg and "doesn't have a leg to stand on" popped into my mind and was appropriate to the reading. I hadn't had time to think of the "book" meaning and try to fit it into the reading, but "doesn't have a leg to stand on" was much more appropriate. It's just a matter of trusting your subconscious and letting it loose first rather than "thinking". A very hard thing to do sometimes, isn't it? You're not non-intuitive----you just feel like you are. It will come if you just relax and trust that it will.

Red Emma

Reading ... any old thing

Tarot Bear,

Some say Jung's archetypes, others say quantum soup, still others point to the potential in the current research of physics -- parrallel universes. Who knows? Not even the Shadow anymore. (An old time, very old time radio show.)

From the reading I've done so far, I vote for quantum soup, but then I still have string theory to check out. And black holes, etc., etc., etc.

Fascinating stuff. And more than a mite scary.

Maybe by the time I'm reincarnated, there'll be some definitve answers.

In the meantime, we pays our money and we takes our chances.

Blessings,

R.E.

By the way, I haven't heard recently how the job search is going. Very well, I hope.

Umbrae

Red Emma said:
Maybe by the time I'm reincarnated, there'll be some definitve answers.
Which BTW assumes that we only reincarnate forward in the time-stream. What if...?

Suppose past-life memories are confusing because they come from a place forward in the stream?

Netzach

Red Emma said:
I would like to read by instinct or intuition, or whatever it is that most of you guys have available to you. It's just that if it ain't available, it ain't available. So we non-intuitives do the best we can.

I started off by believing I wasn't intuitive. And that was despite the fact that, in the course I took, I was able to read a half a lemon, a box of matches and a pebble (in the same way that your teacher used a square of carpet). However, it's not about believing or not believing but rather just about doing. And when I said "I can't get anything" our teacher would reply "OK. But if you could get something, what would it be?" Amazing how helpful that was!

coeur

I personally think that tarot cards are not what actually tells us our fortunes but ourselves. If you consider an idea that is in your head that you are trying to describe without the use of language, vision, hearing, touch, smell, etc, the description of it would be very difficult. You know innately what the idea is because it exists in your mind, but you cannot describe it or know it consciously. Tarot cards helps put things that we know subconsciously into a format that we can read consciously. We know the knowledge already but we need to find the right 'words' to describe them. Tarot cards or any other means of divination simply brings what we already know to consciousness.