Native American Cards

Elven

New Oracle to add to collection!! LOL!!

I had them for a couple of weeks but oh well ... anyone else have these cards? they're not 'new' so to speak - first printed in 2002 Lo Scarabeo, second printing in May 2005.

Native American Cards
Lo Scarabeo ISBN 888395246-4
by Laura Tuan
Painted by Massimo Rotundo

I have done two reading with them - quite profound - the message is not wrapped in a bundle and just handed over, they are not all sweetness and light - these are straight forward lessons and realization, which made me search a bit for the answer but it was there alright ;).

The LWB - which is not that little - gives a variety of spreads and the meaning of the card, in a range of placements in the spread.

Nice deck and goes well with Medicine cards and the Native American Tarot - just a personal opinion - theyre very detailed on their own.

Blessings
Elven x

Fulgour

Hi :) Elven!

Totemic Animals (12)
Seven Gods, The Heavens, The Shaman (9)
Ritual Objects (12)

The 33 cards can be made immediately familiar, by laying them out in their groupings according to the 48 page book. The book, it should be noted, will need to be read through to piece together the particulars, but it contains many elaborate embellishments not necessarily of use to the average person.

There is an incredible wealth of detail, and any doubts about the integrity of Massimo Rotundo are soon set aside. The name sounds like an inside joke, but so was Michaelangelo.

Laura Tuan is here in translation, and there's that part of reading through the book as well, the fascinating result of several hands presenting concepts using unfamiliar language. But it all feels right, and very quickly you will have your own lists and definitions growing along with a very appreciative experience of these fine cards. The subjects have been carefully chosen.

:)

I'm a new fan of Corn Maidens, a deeply complex
mythos with much to recommend further study.

Elven

Thankyou Fulgour :)

I opened the deck in my favourite ritual spot - where I open all my decks - and did a short intuitive reading about the deck without consulting the book.

I have sage and candles, but no flowers at the moment - not one! I will go and find some tomorrow and do the opening ceremony for them. If I venture out now and snip neighbours flowers at 1.30am Im bound to get caught by someone coming home from the pub! Besides I'd rather ask if I may take their flowers - there is a lovely lavender bush next door - I hope it is still blooming - or I thought of crystal, essential oils of flowers, corn meal and bird seed too - I have a little fetish pot I fill with these, but flowers sound beautiful and that would be my preference because of the book asks for them.

I love the fact that it has a very specific ritual cleansing and methods of reading with them - suits me - and the deck - as the four directions are those which I turn to before reading - especially before I head of to tarot cafe readings once a week.

Thankyou Fulgour - and the Corn Maiden - this is the Maize Mother?

Blessings
Elven x