PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Vs. Sunlight

Scyon
18-06-2006, 08:52
I've heard lots of people on AT talk about letting their crystals and other items be "purified" in either the sun or the moon but what I wondered is which one seems to work better. Does it depend on the person? and what are the different effects?

Alta
18-06-2006, 09:18
I think it best to leave them exposed to sun, moon and starlight for a period of time. It is not an 'either/or' proposition, in my experience. I leave them on the windowsill (inside the house).

ravenest
18-06-2006, 09:58
You could see the Sun Moon energy as a normal bipolar force ( + -, male female, yin yang, etc) and use either to charge your crystals with that energy.

I'm reminded of an old story; if you leave a razorblade on the window sill, and its in the moonlight it will go blunt.

Sherringham
18-06-2006, 10:36
I think it best to leave them exposed to sun, moon and starlight for a period of time. It is not an 'either/or' proposition, in my experience. I leave them on the windowsill (inside the house).

So do I , or I did until I got my quartz cluster, but I think they enjoy a sun and moon bathe too

mingbop
18-06-2006, 10:54
I was told to clean the cards on the windowsill for 3 moons--but that includes 3 suns doesnt it--so they must be equally good..... one is gold, one is silver, it feels right to use both.

diane drizzy
18-06-2006, 22:53
Sorry I can't recall the source but I do remember reading somewhere that sunlight can fade some stones.
In any event I like to do moonlight, it seems safer and more "magical".

sharpchick
19-06-2006, 01:11
Sunlight can fade malachite, so I cleanse/charge it with moonlight.

And you gotta be careful about putting clear quartz out in a blazing sun if there's anything flammable close to it.

Scyon
19-06-2006, 12:25
Thank you for the suggestions and I'll keep many of them in mind. I havn't used crystals before and I'm willing to try! I'll let you know how it turns out.

MCsea
19-06-2006, 16:32
Hmm interesting question,

Just my ideas -
I like both - I'm thinking naturally crystals are exposed to the elements, all the elements they grow change alter and evolve, disintegrate....

its sort of natural - change - all that so I think they need a little of 'it all' to help us.

Ok technically some of the crystals we obtain have been dug out of deep caves but essentially they were being 'born' anyway...

I think like other people have alluded to SUN = heat male energy and the moon = cool female energy...

MARINA

eastarot
19-06-2006, 23:27
Nice thread:)

Has anyone ever left them out during a drizzle or a rain shower?

I love energixing crystals in sunlight, moonlight and also indoors amid the scent of sandalwood, frankincense and rose

silverstep
13-07-2006, 07:34
I left a quartz cluster in the rain in a patch of dirt and dirt got into some of the grooves. It won't come out but its still a favorite of mine and I charge other crystals with it sometimes.

Sophie
13-07-2006, 08:27
I use both. Moonlight/starlight during the night, then the early morning sun - then I take the crystals back inside. I also think that some of them benefit from being left out in the rain, and on the ground (but mind the soft stones that don't stand water!)

I've still no idea why it works, but it seems to, so I do it.

SilverCloudedWolf
13-07-2006, 20:19
Mine seem to love the rain, so the ones that aren't damaged by water go outside and those that are stay on a windowsill by an open window. They also all go on the windowsill if it's very windy, this seems to really refresh them.

Getting them into sun and moonlight is more tricky as the house faces more east/west than north/south but I feel that if you're going to do one then you should do both as otherwise the energies won't be balanced.

Silver

Razordance
14-07-2006, 17:00
I personally prefer moonlight for the most part, as I associate it more with magic and psychic ability. If I wanted to use a crystal for something more related to physical strength or health, I might choose sunlight instead. One thing someone said to me at one time, and I'm not sure whether there's any truth to it at all, is that if there happens to be any irregularity inside the crystal, the heat from sitting in the sun could theoretically cause parts of the crystal to expand at different rates and cause the crystal to shatter. Personally, I tend to think it would take a one in a million set of circumstances, but who knows.