Flower Speaks Deck

MareSaturni

Hi!

Well, i've seen this deck (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/flower-speaks/) in a shop here, which is a miracle considering we never have new decks, and i thought the pictures were colourful and seemed pretty. Besides, i never had a plant-related deck. HOWEVER....good (=imported) decks here are expensive (never below R$ 55) so i must think very well before buying...and that's why i'd like some opinion. Is this deck good? Worth buying? Are the pictures cute as they look? How about the LWB?

Thank you in advance :D

~Yuko

MareSaturni

bump.

No one has this deck? :(

darwinia

Yes, sorry to leave you hanging. I have it and love it.

I think there might be mention of it here on the board--did you do a search?

Anyway, I traded for this knowing nothing about it and was knocked out by it. Lovely feminine pictures of many flowers I know and have in my own garden. The system of reading is good too.

The book is comprehensive and has nice poems, and she has sample readings with her own clients in the book.

The flower essences that are used for "treating" your client or self based on a reading are not the usual Bach flower essences. You can buy a kit of them from the author, but it is $200 USD.

However, I have found the readings and healing nature of the deck fine without the flower essences. I recommend it, particularly if you like gardening or flowers and art that expresses that.

If you have more questions just ask and I will try to give you the information.

MareSaturni

Amazing!

Thank you for everything! I love plants, but the truth is i'm afraid of gardening because i always think i'll kill the plants (which tends to happen). I do wish to get more in touch with the plants and to have my own "mini garden", and i was looking for a deck that could me teach me something...help me in a my quest...what better than a flower-deck?

When i saw the name and the pictures i liked it, but since i didn't know anything about this deck i was afraid....it's sorta expensive here in Brazil (R$ 55,90 i think).

That's why i wanted more info. Thanks for offering your help!

I'd like to know...the deck i saw didn't come with any big book...just the deck box. What it the booklet you were talking about of this deck has a set-version as well?

Thanks!!!

~Yuko

darwinia

Yes, you can buy the book separately although I got a set.

It is a paperback book, not just a booklet ISBN: 1572812222; 320 pages--there are several used copies online--not sure what the shipping price would be to Brazil. It is priced new at amazon as $12 US and the deck is $18 US, so approximately 2/3 of the cost of the deck.

If the deck is expensive down there, the book probably is too unless you can find a used copy.

The book measures 4 5/8 x 7 inches (11.8 cm x 17.8 cm) and is 7/8-inch thick or about 2 cm thick.

Printed on nice quality white paper with a black and white reproduction of each card. Each card has a poem, discussion of general meaning and keywords; Symbolism; what it means in a Reading; the authors's Personal Experience if applicable where she discusses clients and their situations relevant to the meaning of the card; discussion of the Flower Essence; an Affirmation; and a Meeting for some flowers--a meditation and visualization. She writes about 5 pages per card. In the back is a quick reference for meaning, use, imbalances, and essences along with sample readings and layouts.

I would say that the book is necessary to get the full meaning from the cards and her system for reading.

I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps if you could look at the book first it would give you a better idea of how you'd like the deck? If it's an expensive item for you, I'd worry about you not liking it and regretting the price.

Cerulean

I found extensive reviews at two sites:

1. The most detail:

http://www.denelder.com/reviews/flower.html

2. A nice look-see:

http://www.wicce.com/flowerspeaks.html

I've been looking for inspirational herbal decks and this is a lovely one. It seems like it was a 1997 artistic teaching tool for floral essences...and I like the gentle
pictures and ideas.

It looks like it has the makings of an extensive oracle once you get the larger book and work with the system. I think for dreamy inspiration it helps evoke ideas...and perhaps recipes! I'm drinking Earl Gray with Lavendar flowers to perk myself up and am enjoying the stories I am reading...there's meditational suggestions, personal examples from the author/friends and an analysis of the energy and 'spiritual essence' of the floral element chosen. It reminds me of the Herbal Tarot...another deck I want to get back into soon!

Cerulean

P.S. The cards I found in a $5.00 bin with a hole punched on the upper left hand corner--they were selling their demo decks with the little white book. I just happened to see they had the larger book as well and thought it was nice to have a set of something unusual. There are 52 cards though, not 78...