Back of Deck Design

Alpha-Omega

My first Deck was RWS with the Blue criss crosses on the back, I HATED that design, so bad. My universale with the Black background and white stars looks way better! and the thoth has a kool design. My New Archeon Tarot has a very nice design.

How do all of you like your deck(s) designs?

redflash

I don't like them too plain, but I also don't like them too busy either ! Years ago I had a 1JJ, the back was dirty brown checks & stripes, it was awful. Yuk, I hate that entire deck !

Tarot of Dreams has a lovely back design, & I like the back of the Animals Divine & Universal Goddess tarot decks.

I like them to be reversable, which is odd seeing as I don't do reversals !

Knight of Wands

I like the Revelations back, and the Thoth..ooh and the Magical Unicorns Oracle.

pickled pixie

I love the backs of The Tarot of The Magical Forest and HATE the backs of the Druidcraft and The Radiant Rider Waite!
I dont have a specific style that I like it just have to fit the deck :)

diane drizzy

Card backs are very important to me, and can make or break a deck.
As others have said I don't like a busy back-something that upstages the cards.

Emily

I really disliked the backs of the Robin Wood deck - they seemed so out of place with the deck.

Also the back of the Haindl deck - I'm not too keen on the eye design.

I love the backs of the Old Path and the Northern Shadows - one colour designs and easy on the eye. :)

Unmapped

Love the back of my new Gilded tarot. It don't notice the diffrence in light on the opposite ends so I can still read reversals fine which was a worry at first.

The crude, cartoony stars on the back of the Morgan-Greer don't seem to fit in with the images on the front, but I love it anyway!

mysticmonkey

I don't really mind the back of the Fey deck. I don't really focus on it too much even thought it's the lovers mirrored. Because of the more subtle shades of purple I just see it as a pattern instead of the specific card.

I don't own the Thoth deck but although I find the pictures interesting I hate the backs which is why I haven't bought the deck yet.

Annabelle

I love simple back designs. The blue plaid backs of the RWS and the brown plaid backs of the 1JJ Swiss are classic and quite lovely in my opinion. "Dressier" card backs can also be beautiful, though - one example that comes to mind is the backs of the Fairytale tarot (a blue border surrounding a soft gold design).

earth en lady

I really like the backs of the waking the wild spirit deck ,dare I say maybe more than a lot of the other cards :)