Who was a Skeptic

Alpha-Omega

So who was a skeptic at first about Tarot? I got my deck not knowing a thing about tarot and picked the most common deck hahah out of all the store had. at first i had no idea how to read them and little faith, flash forward 5 years and i am making a Business out of it! hahaha irony.

also people i read for become believers to! :)

major_minority

I got into the tarot just out of curiosity. Now, a couple of my readings have been so dead-on that I can't help but get more into it. The more I do it, the more I believe, if that makes any sense.

WolfSpirit

I was skeptic in the way that I did not believe the right card would automatically come up for me; I did use tarot, but as relaxation / meditation / storytelling-brainstorming (sometimes I pick up one of my decks and I don't know yet what I want to do yet).
What convinced me most, was the fact that the same cards repeatedly came up in my daily readings and other readings. There was simply no getting away from them :laugh:
I now still use the decks for other things as readings as well.

Crowqueen

I too am a sceptic - in the sense that there are people (including situations involving myself - the things I read for myself are peripheral issues, or issues like my love-life which is essentially separate from what I think is my "purpose") I daren't read for just in case I can't handle the answer, and in the sense that I feel too emotionally involved with to make proper sense of the answers.

But I came late-ish to the tarot in the sense that I wanted something to "channel" divinations/clairvoyancy, so I guess I ought to bite the bullet and see what the cards say for some of the above. As I get more confident that I am generally along the right lines for these people, it seems much more of a temptation to want to read for them despite feeling that I might not be able to handle the outcome.

minimonster777

I wasn't a sceptic...but everyone around me was while I was still learning. I remember the first ever reading I did...it was for my brother...after I did it, he said "Ok, let's shuffle the deck, and if you don't get all of the same cards again then it's all just made-up!" What made it worse was that my parents agreed with him...and I was but the tender age of nine at the time, haha!

I ended up putting the cards away for a few years and taking it back up (with huge success) once I got to college. I showed them!

tarotbear

I wasn't exactly a skeptic, but I started using Tarot cards for spellwork, long before I decided to try to figure out 'just what' these cards and images were all about.

One day I decided to 'find out what Tarot was all about.' If you had told me then that I would still be 'doing' Tarot 15 years later, taught beginner tarot classes, and be a published tarot author ... I'd have said you were crazy! :smoker:

fairyhedgehog

Yes, I was a sceptic. And in fact I still am :D

I don't use the cards for fortune-telling, or even for divination as I don't believe in the divine. I do use them for reflection, for play, for personal development.

I am very happy for other people to use the cards for divination. I suspect that what they do and what I do are often basically very similar - we just explain it to ourselves differently :)

Lady Orchard

I wasn't a sceptic....the reason I got my cards was because I had a professional reading that ended up being so spot on, curiousity got the better of me.

Just a week ago though I did a reading for a friend, he'd never had one before, and afterwards he admitted he'd been sceptical before but now he definitely believes. (confidence boost for my reading skills!)

Alpha-Omega

Lady Orchard said:
I wasn't a sceptic....the reason I got my cards was because I had a professional reading that ended up being so spot on, curiousity got the better of me.

Just a week ago though I did a reading for a friend, he'd never had one before, and afterwards he admitted he'd been sceptical before but now he definitely believes. (confidence boost for my reading skills!)

I know how you feel!! i read for people and then they end up beliving it haha
people can change their minds so easy

Kathyj

IMO we all have natural psychic abilities, some are more consious of these abilities than others, using the cards helps us delve more into our "intuition". They also present different ways to see a situation offering different solutions. My husband still has some residual fears that the cards are "supernatural" mostly thanks to hollywood. He keeps telling me the cards can't be valid if they do not come up the same if shuffled more than once. I try to explain that each shuffle presents more possibilties. He still has trouble seeing this, ofcourse "Hollywood" is more exciting. There is no way I could compete with that LOL ;) Kat