A learning technique, proxy readings

WhiteWizzard

I have only in the past few months started getting seriously involved in tarot study. --- I shuffle the cards while thinking about a particular person then cut the deck roughly in half. Now taking the lower portion, dealing off three cards , then the next being the first in the Celtic cross. Dealing off another three then the next being the second of the spread on so on. Then recording the spread in a book , along with my interpretation. I certainly realize this cannot be the full intuitive connection derived from having the person in front of me. Being that unconscious cues from body language and general presence not being there. However doing a reading like this every few weeks paints an interesting picture of the person's life to make record of. Then amazingly when talking to the people involved, this all corresponds with how I predicted it. This I have also concidered for other public figures.

Kathyj

I am always trying to think of ways to help me learn to read the cards better, This seems like a wonderful way to do that. Thanks for the idea! Kat

SunChariot

WhiteWizzard said:
I have only in the past few months started getting seriously involved in tarot study. --- I shuffle the cards while thinking about a particular person then cut the deck roughly in half. Now taking the lower portion, dealing off three cards , then the next being the first in the Celtic cross. Dealing off another three then the next being the second of the spread on so on. Then recording the spread in a book , along with my interpretation. I certainly realize this cannot be the full intuitive connection derived from having the person in front of me. Being that unconscious cues from body language and general presence not being there. However doing a reading like this every few weeks paints an interesting picture of the person's life to make record of. Then amazingly when talking to the people involved, this all corresponds with how I predicted it. This I have also concidered for other public figures.

I can see you are very good at what you're doing there and it's working so well for you. And yes Tarot is an amazing thing when it works, and it does work. It's almost magical, and endlessly fascinating.

My personal opinion is that to be accurate without seeing the other person's body language, facial experessions, requires a lot more intuition. Anyone can read a person's facial expressions and know when they are on track. That does not require any intuition it is a skill we all have. The way you are working right now is really making use of your intuition, because your answers are accurate and they are coming from somewhere, you are tuning into that place where the answers come from intuitively, with no outside cues.

Babs