PDA

View Full Version : What kind of crystal jewellery works best for you?

eastarot
21-06-2006, 22:38
Vedic astrologers here in India recommend wearing them as rings on the finger corressponding to the planet eg Yellow Sappire for the Index finger symbolising Jupiter.

Judy Hall in some places has gone into details of crystals, whether to wear them on the left side of the body (eg black onyx) or as a necklace/pendant.

I also know a crystal healer who only wore at least 5 different bracelets made of various crystals,

Personally, I have found Crystals to be most effective as necklaces, and then as rings.

What about you? Do you like them more as rings? pendants? bracelets? earrings? Or do you prefer to hold them and not wear them at all.

eastarot:)

Kahlie
21-06-2006, 22:40
I prefer holding my palmstones because I'm easily drawn to the energy of the crystals. Once I had them near me in a jumble and they seriously affected my dreams and my rest.

The only thing I wear is a Lapis Lazuli Pendant (in the shape of a triangle) which I have been wearing for some time. At this moment I feel that the need to wear it has lessened somewhat, but today I found it for inexplicable reasons in my bed before taking a nap, so I guessed I had to wear it today :)

Since I have ringsize 9, I don't generally wear rings since none will fit me.

Kahlie

skygreen
22-06-2006, 07:43
Necklaces When I wear jewelry for crystal healing at all.Mostly I hold the stones, carry them in pockets or occasionally go with a medicine pouch either around my neck around my waist or in a pocket. I used to wear rings but kept catching my ring in stuff or getting hot enough to burn

Sophie
22-06-2006, 19:31
Like Kahlie, I am very fond of palmstones. I always was - I used to pick up pebbles and hold them in my pocket.

As jewellery - I wear pendants and bracelets. I don't have rings with gems or other stones in them, though that is more by chance than design. I used to have a lovely one with a garnet cabochon and it was lost :(

All the time I was in the field doing humanitarian work, I wore a large rhodonite pendant. It's stunning but heavy. At the time I bought it - just before I left for Africa - I didn't know much about crystals. I remember being attracted to it in the shop and buying it. Afterwards I looked up its properties and saw it was associated with universal love and brotherhood. How about that? ;)

These days I vary more: at the moment I am wearing a blue topaz Goddess pendant, which I bought during my last cystitis crisis, and which has an amazingly creative and centering effect on me. Everything seems clear and healthy when I wear it.

MCsea
22-06-2006, 19:50
HI,

I love my rings bracelets and pendants..

The really sweet thing is my 4 year old - he bought me a wonderful mothers day gift just last mothers day - A CROWN! To the adult eye - it looks much like a firm chain with stone - a NECKLACE - - but he saw it in the shops with his dad and bought it for me - I wear it of course as a crown and its a LOVELY feeling, the stone - hmm probably a coloured quartz, site just on my 3rd eye chakra.
I think someone should make more of these crowns!!

MARINA

Sophie
22-06-2006, 21:40
MCSea - adults are sadly lacking in imagination. What a lovely regal gift your little boy has given you :)

diane drizzy
22-06-2006, 22:04
Small stud earrings. Can't wear any "hanging" types of jewelry due to the nature of my job. I carry some stones in my hand bag and and small flat ones in my unmentionables.

Naudia
23-06-2006, 03:02
Hello everyone,

I have great success with jewelry. I have an obession with amber. I don't know if it's because Freya is one of the five Goddesses I worship or because I's a water sun sign with fire everything else or my attraction to Leo men. Who knows. I have a teardrop shaped amber pendant which I never take off. I also wear amber studs which, again, I never take off. My left ear is pierced twice on the cartiledge and those two studs are also amber. I wear a ring on each finger. I have been doing this since I was twelve years old. I am slowly changing all the rings to amber ones. So far on my right hand my middle, index, and pinkie fingers have amber pieces. And on my left hand only my pinkie has an amber stone. All these pieces I never take off. Not to take a shower, to sleep, never. I have two bracelets that my coven brother gave me as a gift from China that I use to focus on my meditation. One is goldstone, the other is citrine quartz. The beads are big and circular so I just count them. I am trying to find an amber circular bead bracelet and the rest of my rings in amber.

May the Gods bless you and yours.

Naudia Morigaine

MCsea
23-06-2006, 14:03
Helvetica,

Yes it was so beautiful - so special, my energy swelled with love and hope for the future, at the same time wondered how such a special human could possibly found his way to be my son...

I think with a little imagination - limitless potentials happen

MARINA (QUEEN Marina I should say)

Elven
23-06-2006, 16:23
Queen Marina, your crown sounds beautiful! :D

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie
23-06-2006, 19:28
I am trying out a small moonstone pendant today for the first time, on a short gold chain. It looks very pearly and is almost drop-shaped. It's lovely, set on gold. It reminds me of a golden moon. It's soft, and was shaped manually.

I feel very serene with it on. I am fairly emotional at the moment (note the understatement!) so I am hoping it will help...

eastarot
23-06-2006, 21:18
Moonstone is a soother - it helps stabilise emotions and prevents the wearer from running away with their fears. I have a moonstone ring which I wear when I need it.

Good Luck Helvetica

eastarot

Little Baron
23-06-2006, 22:08
For psychic protection and also to help fight anxiety in my throat, I wear a small sodalite pendant around my neck on occasion. Have found it helps.

LB

Alta
23-06-2006, 22:39
Two pieces that make me feel safer and even protected. A Malachite necklace of beads, and a large (4.5 x 3.2 cm oval, set horizontally) Charoite pendant. The malachite particularly.
I almost feel that malachite and lapis are 'for' me. I wear the lapis much more rarely but it evokes strong feelings.

chrisam-crystals
12-08-2006, 22:58
ANYTHING that has rainbow moonstone in it! lol

i have a massive ring that contains 5 moonstones on it and i wear it on my index finger of my right hand - it covers the area from the knuckle to the first joint! lol

i also have a massive oval cabochon which is on my "wedding" finger, large moonstone beads on a stretchy cord on my left wrist, and oodles of other jewellery......it helps being a jewellery maker! :)

i have various pieces with different crystals/stones that i use when i feel the need for a specific boost, but the ones i mentioned above stay on 24/7.

jue xx

sharpchick
13-08-2006, 02:40
I wear most of my stones as pendants or in necklaces.

But I also wear some stones in a small medicine bag, either on a long leather lace around my neck, or clipped to a belt loop on jeans. I don't want to make pendants out of all of my working stones, so this is a very useful solution for me.

Sophie
13-08-2006, 02:43
But I also wear some stones in a small medicine bag, either on a long leather lace around my neck, or clipped to a belt loop on jeans. I don't want to make pendants out of all of my working stones, so this is a very useful solution for me.I like stones (and other items, like herbs or words) in medicine bags too, but I never know what to do with them - they end up being carried around in my handbag. I should look into looping them at my waist - good idea!

Lately, as far as stone jewellery is concerned, I've been wearing tiger eye a fair amount, and I'm back to moonstone as well.

chrisam-crystals
13-08-2006, 03:09
hey sharpchick, that is a very good idea about clipping them to a waist belt.

medicine bags aren't as widely used in the UK, but i have definitely noticed a gradual rise in the amount of people who are trying them.

Briar Rose
13-08-2006, 11:02
I find I gravitate to wearing more necklaces than rings, and then some bracelets once in a while. And I ones I chose always tend to be for the Chakra that needs to be tuned up better, even when I just am not the conscious of it.

Elysianfaery
13-08-2006, 12:53
I love wearing labradorite. Some of them have a fiery blue color that seems kinna magical. My labradorite arein tear-shaped pendants. I think labradorite is for spiritual awareness.

I wear a lot of green jade too.

SongDeva
26-08-2006, 08:47
Where should I begin? I made good use of a period of a few months when I ran my friends New Age gift shop....and she is a jewelry maker/crystal nut.

Pendants!
Rainbow Moonstone (circle like a full moon with blue, green, yellow, peach, pink, Labradorite (great when I'm wanting help keeping myself shielded and connected to the source, i.e., during a job where I was in traffic hours a day), a beautiful lapis that called to me at an expo (not usualy my thing but it looked like a universe with gold stars), rose quartz, citrine that I strung to hang at my solar plexus....just bought a huge Rhodochrosite/rhodonite/garnet and a diopside (colored quartz I think) with pink topaz...(great ebay deals).... seraphinite, charoite, sugilite, smoky quartz, and let me just stop here or I'll use up the available AT storage space. hehehehe

Rings: Hmmmm....a Rainbow Moonstone that I wore solidly 24/7 for months. For me, when I can fall asleep in a ring I know it's working for me big time. A bunch of others though certainly not as many as pendants.

And wear are the earring wearers?? I love my double terminated citrine point earrings, and have a bunch of others I depend on....dt rose quartzes when I'm doing readings for prolonged periods, graduated round rose q's to go with a huge rose quartz pendant strung with abalone and grey freshwater pearls...I feel like their round beads radiate that love energy all around. Labradorite chandeliers, moons, smokeys, hematites (ground me!), etc.

And who uses those inexpensive chip necklaces?? Sometimes they are not even designed as necklaces but as ways to sell the chips for jewelrymakers.
I wear them anyway! ehehehe Try citrine and carnelian or citrine and amethyst.

And who mentioned unmentionables?? Ladies? Have you also been known to carry crystals in your Cleavage Purse?? One time at a party (read intimate gathering of spiritual types who appreciate a laugh) I was asked what I had with me and reached in and took out handfuls. LOL This week the most I had secreted away there was a great little African Kyanite wand. This little wand has been a true friend lately. Whew!

I'm feeling a little dizzy. Somebody get me a smokey quartz.

sharpchick
26-08-2006, 10:50
Whew!

I'm feeling a little dizzy. Somebody get me a smokey quartz.

ROFL. . . Very nice, SongDeva.