Chakra Layouts

BodhiSeed

I know most of the books I've read say to lay the stones on the body for each chakra, but would the effect be the same if you were to lay the stones on the floor against the outline of the body in line with the chakras?

Many blessings,
Bodhran

witchbriar

Chakra layouts

Hmm, well, my book says it seems to have the same effect, but I would have thought laying them on your body would be better.

skygreen

I've done both ,as well as placing chakra grids under the massage table and putting layouts on a drawing of a body outline and seperate grids
They can all work quite well and in my expereince whether one method will seem to work better than another has more to do with the people than with the method. Some people do no believe that non contact reatment can be as effective and for them it usually is not . People who heve more acceptance or have experienced remote work find it quite effective.
I feel though I have not had a chance to realluy study this that some things, specific issues do respond better to contact treament thaan to non contact and visa versa.
really nervous folk often seem to get more benefit from a non contact treatment than from laying on of stones .

BodhiSeed

Witchbriar and Skygreen,
Thanks so much for your replies! :heart: I've always felt the stones would work just as well this way, but have never found any written evidence to support it. Guess I'll just follow my intuition!

Many thanks,
Bodhran

tarotbear

What I always thought was interesting is that this idea of 'chakras' is so tied in to the spinal chord ~ so why are we laying the stones on our bellies and chests? Why isn't a stone layout done on the person's spine, with them lying on their stomach?

bodhran ~ most people I know use stone layouts to open or close chakras, so the stone needs to be in the general area of that chakra {It's all a big head game - but so is so much of life}. If you need to close the root chakra the stones need to be placed on or near the root - not off to the side, I guess. Placing the stones off to the side would have a more-generalized effect instead of a specific one.

ravenest

My understing is that a chakra is an energy vortex that begins in a broarder field at the edge of the aura, it vortexes in and gets 'narrower' as you get closer to the central psychic chanells that run near the backbone like a pathway through the aura from the outside to the centre.

being a pathway and a flow of energy, a crystal, placed in that pathway will help 'align' the vibrations passing along this pathway.

What is happening on the back side is an interesting question! (thanks tarotbear) is it the same as the front, or a reverse or polarity of the energy?

I know a Tibetan singing bowl works just as well front or back. I am tending towards thinking it's the same.

Australian Aboriginals place crystals on and within the body. The ancient Egyptians placed them on the body, all over it on many energy centres, each stone carved in a specific shape (knot, ank, pillar etc)

I wrote an article once on the differing position and number of chakras in various systems (one Budhist system had 5) some Vedic systems have 6, 7 or 8 chakras. What positions are being used here?

skygreen

I've seen and done some back layouts I think the main reason they are not done more often is because a lot of people are not comfortable on their stomachs. The back is not as stable for placements on some people.

Peggy

BodhiSeed

tarotbear said:
What I always thought was interesting is that this idea of 'chakras' is so tied in to the spinal chord ~ so why are we laying the stones on our bellies and chests? Why isn't a stone layout done on the person's spine, with them lying on their stomach?

bodhran ~ most people I know use stone layouts to open or close chakras, so the stone needs to be in the general area of that chakra {It's all a big head game - but so is so much of life}. If you need to close the root chakra the stones need to be placed on or near the root - not off to the side, I guess. Placing the stones off to the side would have a more-generalized effect instead of a specific one.

Actually one of my books did state that you could lay it along the back, or that you could lay it under the person (ouch!). For the root chakra, I would probably put the stone between the legs rather than out to the side. I appreciate all the feedback on this you guys!

Bodhran

BodhiSeed

ravenest said:
I know a Tibetan singing bowl works just as well front or back. What positions are being used here?

I never thought of using a singing bowl for balancing the chakras, but it makes since. Do you hold the bowl over each chakra? I have a nice one I bought from some Tibetan lamas who were travelling through; I'll have to try it out.
I am most interested in the seven major chakras (root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, 3rd eye, and crown).

Thanks,
Bodhran

ravenest

bodhran said:
I never thought of using a singing bowl for balancing the chakras, but it makes since. Do you hold the bowl over each chakra? I have a nice one I bought from some Tibetan lamas who were travelling through; I'll have to try it out.
I am most interested in the seven major chakras (root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, 3rd eye, and crown).

Thanks,
Bodhran

Fill the bowl with warm water (if cold) and let it sit on the persons body while they lie down, stike the bowl gently and resonantly, or set it vibrating by running the striker around the rim. If it is a really good bowl, do not put too much water in as the vibrations can agitate the water surface, forming a geometric 'standing fountain' that can splash out of the bowl and on to the person.

This is a very good treatment for physical disorders as well, the vibration breaks up knots in muscles and gets down into minute spaces of the spine and ligaments.

Where, precisly, do you position for the sacral chakra?