Left or right handed?

velocitygirl

Do tell.

I'm left handed, and I believe, that due to the fact that more left handers are meant to be right brain dominated, that there would be quite a lot of lefties around here. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Post about hands and your thoughts.

firecatpickles

I am right handed, but I think I was forced when in Kindergarten by the teacher.

As an organist, I often joke that I am "left-footed," however. (Damn, I'm good.)

K:spade:K

Dean

Left handed

I was always teased in my school days for being Left handed, and i think it's really cool to be different from those being right handed. All my family and friends are right handed but this doesn't bother me.:D

Dean

Grizabella

I'm ambidextrous and there are certain things I can only do really well left-handed but others I can only do really well right-handed, but I can do anything either-handed pretty well. :D I paint and being ambidextrous is very handy when I'm painting. I'd have to give it some thought to really describe which things I do routinely with which hand, because I'm so used to it.

Forgot to add that if I write backwards left-handed and put it to a mirror, the writing is identical to my right-handed writing. I write right-handed as a rule, though.

Little Baron

Right handed. And double jointed.

LB

ahimsa666

kilts_knave said:
I am right handed, but I think I was forced when in Kindergarten by the teacher.

As an organist, I often joke that I am "left-footed," however. (Damn, I'm good.)

K:spade:K

Ppl can be right-handed but left-legged,left-eyed at the same time.You do not always have all parts of the body left or right-oriented.You can check whether you are right-eyed,for instance,taking your camera and seeing to which eye you put it first.I'm right-eyed,right-legged and right-handed,etc. :D But some of you might be a combination and some of you,lucky ones,might be both left and right-oriented :)

ravenest

Right handed. But old style catholic school upbringing, mid-way between; you'd get the strap if you wrote left hand ... to ... left handed boys get sweets if they write with their right hand.

Yet at times I use my left hand instead of right, and sometimes have a little confusion about which hand it is I should be using.

ravenest

I worked in an operating theatre for a while. Once they held up an operation, got all the students and nurses to come in and watch. The patient had all their internal organs reversed. The senior surgeon showed them how to deal with it just by doing everthing on the reverse side. He had seen 2 other cases like it.

firecatpickles

LittleBuddha said:
And double jointed.
Nice to meet ya, double jointed! :grin:

KK

Apollonia

Like Lyric, I'm ambidextrous. I do things I was formally taught to do with my right hand, things I learned on my own wiith my left. I get my right and my left mixed up a lot. Makes it difficult to give people driving instructions, as I'm apt to be yelling, "Go right. RIGHT!" when I mean, "Go left. LEFT!"