how much do you pay for a tarot bag

star-lover

was browsing some auctions today and i feel like i'm being a miser but not really - £7.00 for a tarot bag - i mean thats about half of what the deck would cost - it was velvet and had moon and stars on it - so what?
lol
its just a small piece of material - with costs and labour to make it and some profit shouldnt be that much surely?

i just keep them in my desk draw not in any special container and i'm fine with that really - it doesnt bother me, just thought be nice to get something now to keep them in properly

HudsonGray

I've seen velvet ones from $30 (American $) on down at psychic festivals and such, but I make all my own so it's just the cost of the fabric. You can generally get 9 lined pouches out of one yard of fabric, so figure the money spent on raw materials and figure in half an hour of time (at the most) per pouch and anything over that is profit.

Average cost, about $7 per pouch in our area. And they're not too elaborate either.

star-lover

30 dollars is very expensive i think
i guess my 7£ which is around 11-13 dollars or so doesnt seem so bad
might just buy a satin silk or organza one, alot cheaper

Knight of Wands

When I have some more money, I hope to buy one of Sulis.

They're beautiful :D

star-lover

i have lots of money lol
can get one for you
lol
i just dont like wasting it
except on things i cant do without/am addicted to

Knight of Wands

star-lover said:
i have lots of money lol
can get one for you
lol
i just dont like wasting it
except on things i cant do without/am addicted to

But Star Lover, you're addicted to Tarot, so you do need it :p

And thanks, I'll PM you with which one :p

Hahahahaha :laugh:

Only joking lol, don't get worried Missy!

star-lover

lol
no worries
you know what?
kow
i have my deck just lying in my desk draw in amonst all my cr@p in there and it dont diminish its specialness so im not too bothered about getting a proper cover for it
its part of me and my lifestyle if you see what i mean
and it gets dirty and bunged about but its still really special to me/i respect it so i guess no worries

fairyhedgehog

I like Sulis' tarot bags, I've got two of hers now. They are fully lined and have beads on the ties so I think they're worth the money. (And her prices include P&P within UK.)

I may get into making my own at some point, which will be a whole other kettle of fish! I do like to have a bag if I'm taking a deck somewhere - I just don't want my decks to get that battered look too quickly!

Some decks have such stupid packaging that unless you get yourself a bag or a box you have nothing to keep them in! E.g. the Hallowquest Arthurian tarot - the cards kept sticking in their box and I was worried they were going to get damaged, so now they are in a little celtic-looking bag that fits into the rest of the packaging. I found the same with the Glastonbury, and more recently the Radiant Sun Oracle.

Anyway, for me nice bags are part of the fun!

raheli

I guess it's about what the bag is.
I embroider all my tarot bags (i've attached one) and have been contemplating selling them but don't know what to charge.
For a bag without embroidery i'd probably be happy with $5(US) but for a bag with embroidery - depending ont he amount I know I'd want to charge more - the question is would people pay it?

Attachments

• tarotbag.jpg
    tarotbag.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 115

Barbaras Ahajusts

raheli said:
I guess it's about what the bag is.
I embroider all my tarot bags (i've attached one) and have been contemplating selling them but don't know what to charge.
For a bag without embroidery i'd probably be happy with $5(US) but for a bag with embroidery - depending ont he amount I know I'd want to charge more - the question is would people pay it?

:eek:WOW, Raheli!
That is just beautiful! For one satin bag with embroidery on it is an easy $30. They will pay it, if they want it bad enough!

Mine are tall with a large cuff, lined and I want 7.50 plus postage. I did have a web page up, but I'm in a creative mood and took it down till inspiration hits me! :rolleyes:

I've been setting here sewing, getting madder by the moment. I have to stop and do this, stop and do that.
When people complain about my prices, I tell them to go dig up a pattern, buy the material, cut it, pin it & sew it yourself. Saves me a headache when my needle breaks, by back hurts and I would rather be frolicing naked in someones pool!
Just joking! ;)

:heart:Barb