Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 1- #91

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 1
Number: 91

Symbol: ON A SHIP THE SAILORS LOWER AN OLD FLAG AND RAISE A NEW ONE.

tink27

Waters rise and recede and so too does our breath and our emotions.
Our minds have been designed to flow with the creative, energy rich currents of living information. Following an all too familiar pattern, we become sluggish, our waterways and bi-ways slow down, our system if not shaken, can take on the shape and consistency of tapioca pudding!

When we stir awake our emotions the ship and its crew begins to steer itself around and through any obstructions. But to do this we must do the work and ride these emotional waves wherever they take us. Lowering an old flag and raising a new one is when we start journeying towards our own undiscovered, unexplored potential. To do this we have to break away from what has been familiar, lifestyles, social order and family perceptions. These sailors have fallen away from certain collective views of society, perhaps quite radically which has released a tremendous amount of energy. This is a turning point when the spirit within whispers, “This way”……

Some early morning thoughts to share.

tink

tink27

The body part for this symbol is the 6th rib. We've got 6 more to go! I can't wait until we get to the the symbol with the Diaphragm as the body part. Then we can see how all these 'parts' thread together.

The diaphragm moves downward as we breathe in, creating a motion, a wave from the lower thoracic (spine) region into the abdominal and pelvic cavities. If we feel happy, excited, or angry, these emotions create an expansion of energy! But if wer'e lethargic or sad, the suppressed emotions contract creating restricted and rigid movements.

Hmm, Right now, I can see the flag flowing, and the ship moving via the lower depths (water - inspiration) and traveling up and out to a higher expression (expiration).

This is an interesting little site on the rib. Well done and concise!

www.infoplease.com/ce6/sci/A0841764.html

tink

MCsea

MEJ Key Word Adaptability

Element Sphalerite (at the moment - a very shiney metalic mineral the chief ore of zinc)

This symbol I see as change, yes like Tink says the tides, the waves,the flow, and our ability to go with the change - adaptability for sure.

The Semaphore flag signaling system (an alphabet signalling system based on the waving of a pair of hand-held flags in a particular pattern) comes up for me here, I love that the boat gets to SIGNAL its change.

Spiritually I see this symbol pulled as an oracle when people are looking at life purpose or spiritual growth - always means they feel they need to SHOW their new found beliefs or abilities.

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
MEJ Key Word Adaptability

Element Sphalerite (at the moment - a very shiney metalic mineral the chief ore of zinc)

This symbol I see as change, yes like Tink says the tides, the waves,the flow, and our ability to go with the change - adaptability for sure.

The Semaphore flag signaling system (an alphabet signalling system based on the waving of a pair of hand-held flags in a particular pattern) comes up for me here, I love that the boat gets to SIGNAL its change.

Spiritually I see this symbol pulled as an oracle when people are looking at life purpose or spiritual growth - always means they feel they need to SHOW their new found beliefs or abilities.

MARINA

Ohh Marina, I never knew the Semaphor flag was an alphabet signalling system! . This would be quite an art to watch someone wave these flags......a symbol of great dexterity, of SHOWING!

Sphalerite, the 'ore' of zinc, is this zinc in its rawest form? You say at the moment, does this element transform?

Wow! Marina, as you said in an earlier thread, all of us here and the many more who join the Sabian symbols, make a great team!

tink

MCsea

Hi Tink -

messaged you about Sphalerite, it just means at the moment in this point in time for this forum I have allocated these crystals to these symbols, some times I change which crystal goes with which symbol :)

MARINA

tink27

Thank you for your pm Marina. I have pm'd you as well.

tink

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 281

huredriel

Just copying in my previous thoughts :)

huredriel said:
On a Ship the Sailors Lower the Old Flag and Raise the New One.
Water, cardinal water at that ....... fresh new emotions ...... ships sail across water ...... perhaps the outward shell of our selves as we set off on a new journey? The flags .... make me think of the sails ...... and of the mast ..... however I see this as helping to navigate, to harness the wind (air) in order to move forwards ..... for a new journey, perhaps lowering the old rather ragged one (aka letting go of the old stuff) and raising a new fresh version ........ because to go on a new journey, especially across sea ....... the ragged old one wouldn't be able to flow quite as easily with the air would it? As a mast as opposed to a sail ...... (I think I have the wording right) ..... this would be an emblem signifying who was the owner of the ship ...... again signifying the change of self

purple_scorp

hi huredriel,

where did you originally post these? Are they in another thread somewhere?

with love
purple_scorp