Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 10 - #100

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 10
Number: 100

Symbol: A LARGE DIAMOND IN THE FIRST STAGES OF THE CUTTING PROCESS.

MCsea

Its getting late here but Ill try and make some sense for this one,

Dr Jones Key Word Latency

Numerology 100 - ha 100 out of 100, 100 is one of those numbers 100 cents in a dollar and 100 points, 100 miles, ONE hundred... I think the numerology here is interesting and important, it hints at this symbol being - valuable?

ridder-patrick body part Fundus of stomach

of course the element is a Diamond

An uncut diamond, the raw energy, the power contained within the stone, diamon is carbon that has been under great pressure and heat, and crystallised. We dont know how valuable a diamond will be till it is cut, as 'we' value cut diamonds materially more than uncut - BUT spiritually is that the same too?

I do know a couple of people with this symbol in their natal chart and confidence is one thing the do lack, is it they dont see their real worth or are they waiting for someone to 'value' them.

WHEN I get this as an oracle answer I always ask another question, its not the full answer to my question usually, its a good indication but I tend to ask for clarification...

MAIRNA

PS OH MY WE ARE UP TO 100!!!

tink27

MCsea said:
Its getting late here but Ill try and make some sense for this one,

Diamond

An uncut diamond, the raw energy, the power contained within the stone, diamon is carbon that has been under great pressure and heat, and crystallised. We dont know how valuable a diamond will be till it is cut, as 'we' value cut diamonds materially more than uncut - BUT spiritually is that the same too?

Oh yes Marina! It is as far as I know the hardest substance known to nature. Most of the world’s diamonds come from mines in South Africa, dug out of shafts of clay at depths of up to 3000 feet and brought to the surface…..from the darkest of darks it travels up to light….from darkness to brilliance!

Just the thought of miners probing and searching beneath the surface is to me an act of Self-Discovery. The tools and hands that cut diamonds reveal the hidden qualities hidden in each one, bringing its brilliance out into the open. Each diamond is like a snowflake, no pattern is the same!

And it’s a lot of work! Diamonds are very similar to the opal in that it contains all colors. Its source comes from the depths of the earth and brought out to the light of day, how dualistic is that?! Imagine a diamond containing all impressions of our world (good and bad)…it is a stone of possession and a stone of wealth both physically and spiritually….it contains the pattern of the life force of the person who wears it…and would be a strong transmitter of their energies within and without, wouldn’t it? Oh! What a healing stone!

Cutting a diamond to display its unique qualities speaks to me of a pure spirit, that gives and receives love on all levels of its development. It brings or at least tries to bringour dualistic natures, our male and female sides together!

Perhaps in a reading...there are so many different facets to a diamond....it would be totally confusing....all trying to speak at once! :bugeyed:

I found this site on diamond cutting….very fascinating and interesting material.

http://www.eightstar.com/docs/DiamondsThatDazzle.htm

tink

tink27

This is a beautiful poem that I think sums up this symbol so well!

PREFACE

What jubilation bursts out of this sight
Into my senses--now I feel it flowing,
Youthful, a sacred fountain of delight,
Through every nerve, my veins are glowing.
Was it a god that made these symbols be
That sooth my feverish unrest,
Filling with joy my anxious breast,
And with mysterious potency
Make nature's hidden powers around me, manifest?

Am I a god? Light grows this page--
In these pure lines my eye can see
Creative nature spread in front of me.
But now I grasp the meaning of the sage:
"The realm of spirits is not far away;
Your mind is closed, your heart is dead.
Rise student, bathe without dismay
In heaven's dawn your mortal head."

(HE CONTEMPLATES THE GEOMETRIC DESIGN OF THE MACROCOSM)

All weaves itself into the whole,
Each living in the other's soul.
How heaven's powers climb up and descend.
Passing the golden pails from hand top hand!
Bliss-scented they are winging
Through the sky and earth--their singing
Is ringing through the world.

FAUST, Goethe

Oh it is so lovely, isn't it? Not only does he seem to talk of the geometric design of the universe, it's almost as if he's talking about the Sabian symbols!

tink :love:

MCsea

DAZZLING

yes it is a great poem and insight into this symbol

THANK YOU!

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 216