Geography and "charging" decks

scorpiana

does anyone else find that decks purchased in certain cities, stores, or other physical locations function differently than others? I have a little ritual when I get a new deck- I take them on a trip to one of my favorite locations, or if possible, purchase them there, and let them sit out and soak up all the energy they can. maybe its just superstition, but i find that certain geographic locations really make my cards much more lively and accurate.

anyone else do this or something similar? any other interesting place-oriented rituals you do with your cards? i have always been a firm believer that places are entities like people- some you "click" with and others you don't, but they all have very distinct energy...

Grizabella

I actually hadn't ever thought about this, but I'll tell you for sure that if I bought a deck in New Orleans, that one would surely be magic for me. :) I've got a spiritual tie to that city somehow even though I've never been there and I'd love to have a deck from there-----especially if it had been used by someone else there before me.

That's an interesting thought you've brought up.