Deck Opinions...

Razordance

My local Coles has a few oracle decks, some of them extremely cheap. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions. I currently have Virtue's Healing with the Faeries and Gillian Kemp's Wisdom of the Faeries, and I have Virtue's Goddess Oracle on order. The store has the following:

Good Witch Bad Witch - Dirt cheap at $4.99 CDN, but I can't seem to figure out from the description on the back whether they're good for divination, more the self help type of cards, or what (Doesn't tell much other than that they have spells on them). I know it's the same author as the one faerie oracle I have, but I haven't really had it long enough to get to know it yet, and I'm not sure how similar the two decks are.

Oracle of the Radiant Sun - Also dirt cheap at $6.99 CDN. I see that the opinion tends to be very high of the artwork, but I'm no expert in astrology and I'm worried about whether you need that kind of knowledge to use the cards properly. Again, is this divination, self help, or what?

The store also has Froud's Faerie Oracle, alas not dirt cheap. I've heard nothing but good things about them, but $37 might be a little more than I want to spend right now, and the store usually has a copy in.

I'm currently more interested in divination type decks, as I have a few of the others. The faerie decks seem to be doing well for me at the moment, pretty much mirroring what my tarot cards have been saying, but with such positive decks, I wonder how useful they would be if the situation wasn't really that great. I know I'll get people suggesting that I buy them all, and I probably will in time, but for now I just don't want to decide that I want these decks the day after they sell the last one, because other than the Froud deck, I'm sure they won't come back in.

Thanks in advance..

Ruby7

Razordance said:
Oracle of the Radiant Sun - Also dirt cheap at $6.99 CDN. I see that the opinion tends to be very high of the artwork, but I'm no expert in astrology and I'm worried about whether you need that kind of knowledge to use the cards properly. Again, is this divination, self help, or what?

Thanks in advance..

Get the Oracle of the Radiant Sun. Assuming it is the book and card set, the book that comes with the cards is excellent. It explains basic astrology so that you can understand how to use the cards. It is a divination system. the cards are beautiful. I especially like the fact that there are so many cards.
Have a look at the pictures on Aeclectic and you wont be able to resist and why would you for $6.99!

All the best,
Ruby7

darwinia

I would only recommend the Froud deck.

The deck I have by Gillian Kemp is the Tree Magick deck--that's good, but too bad Coles doesn't have that one on sale because I would recommend that.

Sometimes a deck is cheap for a reason. I've got some odd oracles that other people dislike or trade so I can see the allure in buying something cheap--you might click with it.

But, I don't think it's worth it for these two.

a_shikhs

Razordance said:
The store also has Froud's Faerie Oracle, alas not dirt cheap. I've heard nothing but good things about them, but $37 might be a little more than I want to spend right now, and the store usually has a copy in.

I have Froud's Faeries Oracle and highly recommend it. The artwork is gorgeous and you feel as if you are working with real faeries. There is definately some power in it. It is very accurate and my favourite reading oracle deck. It is worth every penny.. :)

scorpiana

oracle of the radiant sun! you don't need to know ANYTHING about astrology if you have the book. they have their own little codes on the cards, so you kinda need it anyway. i love this set, but i find its best for long term views of a situation. it can be spot-on about relationships too. i got mine cheap and have never regretted it.

tink27

Razordance said:
My local Coles has a few oracle decks, some of them extremely cheap. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions. I currently have Virtue's Healing with the Faeries and Gillian Kemp's Wisdom of the Faeries, and I have Virtue's Goddess Oracle on order. The store has the following:

Good Witch Bad Witch - Dirt cheap at $4.99 CDN, but I can't seem to figure out from the description on the back whether they're good for divination, more the self help type of cards, or what (Doesn't tell much other than that they have spells on them). I know it's the same author as the one faerie oracle I have, but I haven't really had it long enough to get to know it yet, and I'm not sure how similar the two decks are.

I'm currently more interested in divination type decks, as I have a few of the others. The faerie decks seem to be doing well for me at the moment, pretty much mirroring what my tarot cards have been saying, but with such positive decks, I wonder how useful they would be if the situation wasn't really that great. I know I'll get people suggesting that I buy them all, and I probably will in time, but for now I just don't want to decide that I want these decks the day after they sell the last one, because other than the Froud deck, I'm sure they won't come back in.

Thanks in advance..

Hi Razordance,

I went to a local chapters near my home and saw the Oracle of the Radiant Sun at $6.99 too. I ordered the Arthurian Legend Deck and purchased this oracle as well as The Wisdom Well. Ohh these both have beautifully displayed books and cards...I just love them!

I did readings using one and then the other...they were spot on and they allow your intuition to look deeper into the cards.

tink

WolfyJames

What a coincidence! Last week I went to Chapters and Good Witch Bad Witch and Wisdom of the Faeries were both in sale for 4.99$ CAD. I picked a copy of each. I already have two copies of Good Witch Bad Witch and since I love this oracle to death I thought a third copy wouldn't hurt. I love having backup copies of the decks I love, I have a backup copy of The Gothic Tarot as well, I'd love to have a second I Misteri della Sibilla if I could. I never had the faery deck before though, but it was so cheap I took it. You can see I'm a big fan of Good Witch Bad Witch. You can do divination with them but you can also ask questions about yourself if you want, the deck is perfect for yes/no questions. I find the deck well balanced, as in not fluffy. You can be serious with them or plain silly. I have as well Tree Magick. The thing as well is that unlike the tree deck or the faery deck, there is nothing written on the cards beside the titles and numbers. I was disapointed to see part of the cards gone in white and text with Tree Magick and Faery Wisdom givinh away meanings. With the witches you can use your intuition more since there is no text and the focus is more on the images than on the texts.

Chronata

Awww Man...
Does anyone wanna pick up a copy of the Good Witch Bad Witch cards for me? :)

(Seriously...I would send you a limited edition Minute Deck for them! )

I have wanted that one forever...and I can't find it anywhere...and certainly not dirt cheap!

Drats!

Razordance

I'm not familiar with the Minute deck, but I'll take you up on the offer if you like. :)

Hmm... I looked it up. I like it. I really like it...

Chronata

Razordance said:
I'm not familiar with the Minute deck, but I'll take you up on the offer if you like. :)

Hmm... I looked it up. I like it. I really like it...

awww...thanks Razordance!

I will send you a PM...

I forgot to include my opinions on the decks you were asking about!

The Oracle of the Radiant Sun is a great deck, although I don't have it...I have used it, and I like the way the readings worked. i definitely think they would make a nice addition to an oracle collection....

the Good Witch Bad Witch are so charming! I have looked at them once...but I know I could read them (if only I could find them again!)

The Froud faeries are truly awesome. But don't spend that much for them...you won't believe how often they appear here for trade...or on sale at other places.