Guessing the card

a_shikhs

Have you tried taking a card in your hand and then guessing which card it is??

I tried it today with the Quest Tarot. I picked up one card randomly and held it with its back facing me. Then I closed my eyes and tried to connect with the card without seeing it. I could see a lot of orange in my mind and kept getting the word 'misery' in my mind. And when I turned the card over, it was the '10 of swords' with a lot of orange in it. :)

I then took one more card and could see a lot of blues and purples in my mind and kept thinking of the word 'completion'. And the card tuned out to be the 'Universe' with a lot of blue and purple. :)

I found this exercise really exciting and am going to try it again. Has anyone tried this before?

madmoiselle

No, but now that you say that, I might have to try!

ravenest

Yes I have done it, and we have done it in group work. I am not very good at it. :-(

This is like one of the A.A. (magical order) exercises. They tested psychic ability in this way. Crowley has written on this and he suggests keeping a record of the results. He also points out to be aware of similarities, even if the card is different from what you thought, examine its attributes a bit more and you might find, although you got the card wrong, you detected the energy or the ruling planet or sign.

a_shikhs

madmoiselle said:
No, but now that you say that, I might have to try!

You must try it. It was really exciting guessing the card. :)

ravenest said:
Yes I have done it, and we have done it in group work. I am not very good at it. :-(

This is like one of the A.A. (magical order) exercises. They tested psychic ability in this way. Crowley has written on this and he suggests keeping a record of the results. He also points out to be aware of similarities, even if the card is different from what you thought, examine its attributes a bit more and you might find, although you got the card wrong, you detected the energy or the ruling planet or sign.

Hi ravenest,
Yeah, this is a good way to know about your psychic abilities. I am going to note them down in a diary. Thanks. :)

Has anyone else tried this??

pleroma

I love doing this, a slightly modified version of this game is what I referred to as intuitive drawing in another thread.

It fascinates me that the cards are powerful enough to produce feelings that I am sensitive to, but what do we do with it? Someone said it is a cool way to test psychic abilities but is there any way that it can enrich a reading?

It reminds me of dream deja-vu, when you experience something that youve dreamed, but there is nothing to do in the situation but realize that you have already dreamed it. For the college student in me it is fairly bothersome. But I guess I have to just go with it...

a_shikhs

pleroma said:
I love doing this, a slightly modified version of this game is what I referred to as intuitive drawing in another thread.

It fascinates me that the cards are powerful enough to produce feelings that I am sensitive to, but what do we do with it? Someone said it is a cool way to test psychic abilities but is there any way that it can enrich a reading?

It reminds me of dream deja-vu, when you experience something that youve dreamed, but there is nothing to do in the situation but realize that you have already dreamed it. For the college student in me it is fairly bothersome. But I guess I have to just go with it...

I am going to try your method. :) Its truly amazing how powerful the cards are.

Umbrae

Just like I don't do public predictions - I don't do 'stunts'.

I sometimes read with the card face-down...but this is not the same as 'guess the card face-down'.

A very dangerous precedence would be started…and we cross the line into territory owned by Kreskin, James Randi, Houdini, Blackstone, et al.

ESP tricks ain’t the same as Tarot or divination.

Abrac

Umbrae said:
A very dangerous precedence would be started
Umbrae -

Why do you believe it would be dangerous?

Abrac

star-lover

i tried this today...i was sure the card was a pentacle and i went for the 7 - saw green....turned out was pink and the king of wands lol,,,useless at it

a_shikhs

star-lover said:
i tried this today...i was sure the card was a pentacle and i went for the 7 - saw green....turned out was pink and the king of wands lol,,,useless at it

Hey SL,
give it time. :) im sure you'll be able to do this with good amount of practice and meditation everyday. :) Best of luck.. ;)