Intuitive Drawing?

pleroma

We often talk about an intuitive reading or interpretation of the cards but does anyone else find that drawing the cards and laying them out intuitively produces amazing results?

I don't know if I should just trust the 'randomness' of a shuffle or go with the sensations I get from the cards when I pick them intuitively. I often get recurrent cards when I draw this way and I wonder if I pick them because I am familiar with their 'feel' or because there is a further lesson to be learned. Anyone with similar experiences? Any advice?

SunChariot

I've always gotten the right answers no matter how I picked the card. :grin: I think we just live in a universe that sends us answers when we sincerely seek them.

I usually pick cards in my normal way, shuffling about 4 times (for completion), splitting the deck into 3 piles with my right hand, then picking the pile with teh most energy with my left hand....kind of thing. LOL

I've never found shuffling to be random. In fact there's something quite magical in how the right cards always come up no matter how many times you use this method.

I've tried on occasion other ways. Once I just felt numbers come to my mind. The first was 18, so I counted off 18 cards and the 18th was a card meant to be in my reading....did that 3 times ...and teh reading was amazing. It was fun in the sense of giving you that amazing feeling of your inner power.

But I think any method of choosing cards will probably work. I say just follow your instincts and do what you feel like doing each time. It'll just make it more fun, and fun and spontanaeity are good too. :grin:

Babs

pleroma

I completely agree that shuffling the cards is not random, hence the quotation marks :) My question is aimed more at whether it is productive to intuitively choose cards.

When I use this method, put my hand out over the cards and sort of feel their energy, looking for a kind of heavy feeling which I usually interpret as meaning that it is the right card to choose. However, when I use this method I choose familiar cards, ones which arrive regularly when I use the normal shuffling method.

I am wondering if you all think that I choose these cards because I need them or just because I am familiar with their energy and gravitate to them for that reason. Should I abondon this intuitive drawing method and trust the shuffle? Or is my higher self drawn to those cards for a reason?

-Nick