Tarot.. Bad or good?

sweetiepie1

Ok so ive always been into this type of stuff... astrology, tarot card reading, and thing such as that. Ok so is doing tarot card reading, bad luck?? As in does it actually make your life worse or bring negative energy to yourself? I'm just worried. I want to keep doing this, but i dont know. I mean its not something you play with, i kno that.. its serious but is doin it bad?

Tara2007

Can give a lot of good

My first question would have to be : have you had a bad experience? Because you are asking about the possibility of tarot "being bad" I am wondering why.

Too much of anything can be bad thing, to me. And leaning on tarot or astrology or any other form of divination to the point of being hooked on it is not healthy and will not take the place of using your own good judgment. Tarot offers advice, not action, and gives you a "maybe" answer...the real outcome is always up to you. Granted there are things you can't control, but even our reaction to unchangeable things is up to us. What I like about tarot is that it can often remind us of what our true motives are, such as telling someone else off because they deserve it or because we are just being spiteful, and that can open our eyes so that we avoid doing something that could make a real mess in our lives.

My opinion is that tarot is the voice, but what we say with that voice is up to us.

Good luck.

TheOld

hehe no tarot not bad, at least not on aeclectic tarot ;-)

Tarot give insight and counsciousness which will give you a more fulfilling life!!!

Have fun
Omeada Lusvam

Alpha-Omega

Yes, Tarot is not bad, and does not bring Bad Luck Nor Good luck.

madmoiselle

I don't think of the Tarot as a spell to give to you good or bad luck: it only gives you advice or insight.

Thirteen

sweetiepie1 said:
Ok so is doing tarot card reading, bad luck?? As in does it actually make your life worse or bring negative energy to yourself?
Someone's been telling you this stuff, haven't they? Look. People feel most comfortable when everything is like them. You join the chess club because everyone there likes chess. You join a clique because everyone in it shares your thoughts and values--you even dress alike. You join a religious group because they uphold your morals and spiritual beliefs.

But when you belong to a church you didn't pick, or when you start to get into things that your old friends aren't into, then there's discomfort. They feel pressured to reel you back into the fold because (1) they care and fear you're making a mistake, (2) you're weirding them out and they want you back the way you were!

And they will use any dirty tricks--sometimes with all sincerity--in order to get you back to walking in step with them.

Here's the thing to remember. They don't read tarot cards. They don't understand tarot cards. They are so afraid of tarot cards that they might not even touch them. So getting advice from them is rather like getting advice from someone who's never seen a certain movie or read a certain book that you shouldn't see the movie or read the book because they have heard that it's "bad."

So, here you are asking those who know. We who read cards daily--have been reading for years. You scan through our posts. Do we seem well-adjusted and happy? Do we seem knowledgable and stable? Do we seem mature and rational? Do we seem to have more bad luck than anyone else?

From 15 years of talking with other readers I can tell you this. If tarot is for you, then it's for you. If it's not, then YOU will feel it's not, and that will be the end. Nothing bad or evil or wrong is going to happen to you along the way. Your life will not be made "worse" unless (as wisely mentioned by Tara), like being on the internet ;) or getting deeply into a religion/cult, you become too addicted or reliant on the cards for advise.

By and large, I find tarot readers to have no better or worse lives than anyone else--but they are the among the most balanced and wise people I know, and when things go wrong in their lives, they handle it better. And when things go right, they know how to share the luck. The cards will not bring you good luck or bad. Just insight into people and the universe. They are there to give you knowledge and wisdom, not luck or even power.

Does that answer your question?

blackroseivy

So many supersitions crowd around these cards. They are merely laminated print & paper. It is how you use them that matters. :D

Kathyj

My daughters newest ,now ex boyfriend, found out I read tarot and told me he did not want anything to do with it. He claimed he was "around a reading once" and had nothing but bad things happen that year. I tried to point out that the choices he made that year might have had something to do with it. I never pushed the subject after that and kept the cards put away out of respect for his feelings. IMO we will always be in competition with hollywood. It not a fair competition either.... hollywood has to many bright and pretty colors..lol Kat

Alpha-Omega

Yes the media always puts a Negative view on Tarot, Even around the world tv shows put negative views on it.....i seen it

Eco74

Tarot is a tool. Cards with images to provoke the imagination and our subconcious aswell as please our senses by looking pretty or intriguing.
It's a form of art in a way.

By many, tarot is used as a spiritual tool, to guide them on their spiritual path and put them in closer contact with their intuition and spiritual communication.

So, in theory, tarot could bring about bad spirits.
But in the same theory, tarot could bring about good spirits.
And in the same theory, there is no distinction about what kind of spirits tarot would be more likely to evoke.
- That lies exclusively in the person who uses tarot.

For someone who is in a difficult place in life to explore the darker path and invite the pain or darker side of life and spirit - yes, tarot could bring negative forces.
For someone who is in that same difficult place and explores life at large and looks to both the good and the bad - tarot could bring balance and make their life more easy to handle.
For someone who looks for the positive - tarot could bring much joy and light.

It's never the tool.
It's always the person who yealds it that holds the power to decides what comes of it.

People who tell us that tarot (or anything else really) brings negative spirits are either afraid of the cards and have a different way of seeing it than I do (and others on this forum) or are afraid that we will unwittingly (or on purpous) bring about the negative because we don't know how to handle the powers that we will be connecting with through the cards (or because if we dare consider using the evil things must mean harm).
For me, just getting something like that thrown in my general direction makes me wonder what kind of view the person saying it has of me..