NEW ORACLE DECK in creation - cards for feedback!

scorpiana

NEW CARD 9/15- Vulnerability. Page 4.

FINALLY- a happier card! ROMANCE added 9/10. Page 4. Check it out!

Here's a new card for the shoe lovers among you- ENVY added 9/7 on page 4.

I've been busy- NEW CARD Sept 3- "Influence"- 2 versions at the end of this thread (page 4)

ANOTHER new CARD! independence- added 9/1. page 3 of this thread.

New card added 8/29 for feedback- link on page 3 of this thread.

Two new cards added at the end of this thread (page 2) on Aug. 1

third card added today- ambivalance

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/sextuplescorp/ddeb077c.jpg

JUST ADDED- second card for this deck--

this card is "glamour". it denotes change that takes place externally- in our style of living, the face or objects we present to the world or the presentation and reaction we get from others. this card can indicate the need for such change and the excitement garnered by making it, but can also be a warning: changing the superficial aspects of our lives should not fool us into believing that we are growing or becoming more enlightened.

i kept coming back to this concept in different conversations i was having with friends. i am also intrigued by the origin of the word from its meaning as bewitchment and trickery and its tie to witchcraft.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/sextuplescorp/7cf370a3.jpg

thoughts and criticism are welcome! already hard at work on card number 3.

this is a sketch for the first card of the oracle deck i am doing- decided to tackle a smaller deck before doing a tarot..i am basing this on a deck my grandma used to read with but i am not sure what it was called.

this card is called "gossip"- denotes speaking without thinking or listening to idle chatter. personal damage, distrust, xenophobia or close mindedness, it can also mean that you should consider the source of your information before acting on advice.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/sextuplescorp/5e252da7.jpg

Simone

Wow, scorpiana, thanks for sharing! :D

Powerful colours, it is a strong card to start with!

Gossip is the motor of social bonds, it used to be the most important means of getting news (before radio and TV, when all that mattered were local news!).

It was there to ensure the cohesion of the community - knowing everyone and his motives would ensure that people knew how to deal with unpleasant surprises. Knowing where everyone was was important to keep the community safe (you had to know where children were playing, keep an eye on them; where your man was hunting or toiling so you'd know where to look for him if he did not come back in time, and knowing what everyone was doing, how everyone was feeling, it was an important means of background knowledge to avoid conflicts).

Its roots come from something useful - nowadays gossip has the negative connotation of talking about people behind their backs and of judgement...

Way to go - I look forward to more of this!

Little Baron

Great image!!!!!!!! Love it.

LB

Kanntara

I love it. And the colors are just great. I can hear the idle whispers (and apparently so can the person in the back!)

a_shikhs

That is an awesome card. You are very creative. :)

Elven

What a dynamic card for gossip! a little shrouded in mystery and secrets intent expressions, you can see the focus as if they are listening!
Great looking card!!

I agree with Simones interpretation too - that gossip these days is something more akin to being percieved as meddling and rumour - chinese whispers and backstabbing, it has a feminine overtone - women gossip - but it has a deep history and social place in its true context.

Love it - will look out for more.

What are you using to do the drawings on? What kind of paint? They are very rich and vibrant! how many cards will be in the deck?

Blessings
Elven x

Apollonia

Ooh, Scorpiana, I love this card! You can almost see the buildings leaning in to try to hear more, and the person in back can be seen as either eager to get in on the dirt, or as an outsider who's not part of the group, but maybe played a part in what's being talked about. I also like the vibrant colors and the dream-like dizzy aspect of the pavers--makes me think of how gossip can get out of control to where what is being said doesn't resemble reality anymore.

You are so talented!

scorpiana

thanks so much for the support! i am always extremely shy about my artwork, so its really nice to hear.

i agree that gossip used to be a real source for news, and am considering altering the card a little to include that, but my plans call for another card called "the letter" which incorporates more of the idea of positive information from another. these cards are not going to be designed for reversals, so in the interest of keeping the deck simple, i'll probably do a different card altogether. my interpretations are very brief and cursory here, and hopefully, if it gets published (!), i will expand on meanings.

as i said, these cards are based on a deck my grandma used to clarify her readings. the closest examples i can compare them to are 'art deco fortunetelling cards' which are still somewhat on the market, but they aren't quite right. i remember her doing a spread, and then are her querent asked specific questions she would lay the oracle cards over the spread to clarify the situation. i am trying to remember all the cards in the deck, but its not easy! i think there were probably 52, as it was a little deck like playing cards, but it included astrological signs and didn't have suits per se. i have plans for 37 and am trying to remember the rest.

as for technique, this is pen and ink, marker and colored pencil- not paint at all, though i do my best to make it look like paint!

thanks again for all your support and interest. i want to do a tarot deck eventually, but this seemed like an easier first project.

gorgeousbutterfly

that is a really fantastic work

i reallllllllly like it! you have a gift.

blackroseivy

When can I buy this??!! :D :D :D