Anyone ever bought those blank decks?

Marua

I'm just curious about the quality and type of the card stock. Is it glossy or what?
Thinking about making my own deck. Looked at the ACEO thread, and got ideas. :)
Tell me anything you might find relevant. Thanks.

Marua

Helloooo....? (oooooo..... *sound of echo*)

*Marua looks around*
No one?

Rabbit

Hi Marua,
I bought one of those blank decks. I still have it. It feels like a regular deck.
I have never drawn upon it.

edited for spelling. sheesh.

FantasyWorld

No,but I have been thinking about buying a color-your-own though.....
however,I did buy some index cards a have drawn some of my own cards on those when I working on a card for the tarot project.

Jeannette

We carry the US Games blank decks. The card stock is the same as you would expect to find in your typical USG deck with printed illustrations. I give 'em to my kids from time to time -- my daughter draws or paints tarot illustrations on them (like these); my son uses them to invent and draw up his own card games. The quality is quite good.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Little Baron

I saw one in a shop recently down the road. But that wasn't completely blank. It had a frame to draw the picture within and the titles printed at the bottom. Prefer the look of the blank ones.

LB

fairyhedgehog

The one I've got is laminated, so you can't use pencils or watercolour on it, only permanent marker.

Is that the same as yours, Jeanette?

Marua

Thanks, everyone.
I've never seen the ones with titles before. That could be interesting, too.
Cute pics, Jeannette. I like that the moon in the priestess looks like a really big banana. :)

Little Baron

I might actually have a go at making a deck.

Really worried that I will start and not finish or that I won't like my drawings.

Quite fancy making a black and white deck.

When I look at cards from different decks, they remind me of certain times in my life. It might be nice to combine those mental images from the Druidcraft, RWS, Marseille, etc and put them into one deck - draw out my experiences.

LB

Little Baron

Do you think felt-pens would work on this kind of deck?

LB