PDA

View Full Version : Big White Boldness - me and Knight of Wands

Little Baron
06-07-2006, 08:16
Was just looking at the main screen.

All users online were there.

Some in bold and some not.

But just me and Knight of Wands were in bold and in white. The only ones.

Any idea why?

LB

Little Baron
06-07-2006, 09:28
I'm about to log off in a bit. Anyone know why the two of us have this God-ly glow?

LB

GeorgiePorgie
06-07-2006, 09:36
Bolded I think means that you are subscribers, maybe the other people online were just normal members (unsubscribed).

GeorgiePorgie
06-07-2006, 09:39
hang on....if it was white, it means you have clicked on that member name to look at their profile...

I think, no, I am pretty sure... :confused:

Little Baron
06-07-2006, 09:41
Thanks GP. But you are a subscriber as well and you show up in bold, but also in a blue colour. There are others that are not subscribers that are in blue. And other subscribers that are in bolded-blue. Just me and Knight of Wands that are in bolded-white. Was just curious.

LB

Little Baron
06-07-2006, 09:42
Maybe 'white' is a code. Maybe it is telling me and KoW that we have been on here too long today, lol.

LB

GeorgiePorgie
06-07-2006, 09:43
Click on me in the who's online list...

If you look at my profile, then go back to the board index, am I big bold and godly white? ;)

Little Baron
06-07-2006, 18:52
Thanks GP. I will try this. I sent KoW a PM a while before so maybe that is why then.

Thanks,

LB

Knight of Wands
06-07-2006, 19:11
I'm pretty sure it's because you have clicked on mine and yours profile :)

Little Baron
06-07-2006, 19:22
Cheers. I don't remember clicking on your profile. But maybe I did to send you a pm. Well, that's that cleared up.

LB

gregory
18-07-2006, 02:19
I thought it meant they were on your buddy list ?

Ed. I take it back; I had a look and it isn't ! (there are people in bold I have never heard of !!!)

gregory
18-07-2006, 02:40
I'm pretty sure it's because you have clicked on mine and yours profile :)]It isn't that either; I just tried it.

Nor is it people you have PMd or people who have posted in the same threads as you, or "invisible" members....

But could it hang on how recently you last POSTED ???? (nope.) Weird.

Grigori
18-07-2006, 11:39
I think it is people whose profile you have viewed recently. The names in the list at the bottom are links to the members' profile and so the link shows up a different color to show you have already followed it (as with any other website link).

In my list I can see 4 types of names. Regular text for members. Bold text for subscribers. White text for members whose profiles I've looked at recently (just me and LB at the moment) and people with white +'s are on my buddy list.

I just clicked on Moonbow*'s name, and checked out her profile. Then followed another link back to the main title page and now she is in white also. I reckon that confirms it.

Perhaps if you use the "back" button on your browser the color isn't updated, and that is why you didn't get the change Gregory?

Little Baron
18-07-2006, 11:46
White text for members whose profiles I've looked at recently (just me and LB at the moment)

You won't find anything interesting there ;)

LB

Grigori
18-07-2006, 12:04
You won't find anything interesting there ;)

LB

hehe yeah, its kinda minimalist.... You should tidy up the joint a bit :P

Sheri
18-07-2006, 12:13
Originally posted by Similia:
I think it is people whose profile you have viewed recently. The names in the list at the bottom are links to the members' profile and so the link shows up a different color to show you have already followed it (as with any other website link).

In my list I can see 4 types of names. Regular text for members. Bold text for subscribers. White text for members whose profiles I've looked at recently (just me and LB at the moment) and people with white +'s are on my buddy list.

I just clicked on Moonbow*'s name, and checked out her profile. Then followed another link back to the main title page and now she is in white also. I reckon that confirms it.

Bummer LB and KoW! I thought you both had reached states of "enlightened"-ment. :D

v

Little Baron
18-07-2006, 12:18
hehe yeah, its kinda minimalist.... You should tidy up the joint a bit :P

I havn't even been in there in a while. I heard it's 'water-tight'. Ask Chubby Mummy ;)

LB

Solandia
19-07-2006, 18:28

That's right. If you're using the default purple Aeclectic skin, visited links will appear in white. I don't think there's a change to link colour in the Plain skin.

~ Solandia

Alta
20-07-2006, 01:19
I don't think there's a change to link colour in the Plain skin.

~ SolandiaNo, there isn't. I had to change to the purple skin to even see the issue.