Inverted?

tlozx

I'm really new at Tarot, I just got my deck yesterday...I need help, what does inverted mean?

Grizabella

Well, I think it could mean upside down, with relation to tarot, as in "inverted card"? I'm not sure what context you mean it in, so I'm just assuming you mean with regard to tarot.

tlozx

?Confused Again

Oh, Ok, thank you, I've always wondered that, but how does a card GET inverted? Who makes cards go upside down when they shuffle?

tlozx

Hello?

:( I am starting to feel like nobody cares

Lillie

We all care.

But sometimes it takes a while before someone replies.

Today you have me replying first.

Inverted cards are also known as reversed cards.
Not everybody uses them.
Some people think that the 78 cards have enough meanings the right way up without thinking up another 78 for when they are upside down.

but it is a personal choice for everyone.

How they get upside down is easy.
You do it while you are shuffling.
Cut the deck and turn half upside down.
Shuffle them some more.
Cut again and turn some more.
Shuffel them some more.
cut and turn again....
And so on.

You can do this as many times as you like.
In this way some cards get turned, others don't.
Some get turned more than once.
So you do not know which ones are turned, or where they are in the deck.

See?
Easy, isn't it!

Have fun.

Alta

tlozx said:
:( I am starting to feel like nobody cares
I see you posted this precisely 11 minutes after the post previous. Forums don't work that quickly, normally. Depends who is on, which threads they read etc. It could take many hours to get a reply, and that would be normal.
Marion

EveAnna

Hi tlozx,

I see you have the Archeon deck, I don't have that one but have seen images. It might be an idea to get to know your new deck before you think about trying to read it inverted/reversed. So if you do get a few reversed cards when you shuffle, just turn them up the right way to read.

lawguy51

tlozx said:
I'm really new at Tarot, I just got my deck yesterday...I need help, what does inverted mean?
The forum has an excellent "search" function. Just type "reversed" in the subject box of the search and you will come upon countless threads on the subject.

Lawguy51