PDA

View Full Version : Astrological signs and physical appearance

scorpiana
06-07-2006, 12:41
i have several older astrology books that correlate sun signs with physical characteristics and i have always wondered..is anyone out there able to spot a particular sign by certain appearance attributes? i know that we are all so much more complex than simply our sun sign, but i am curious.

and, if you answer "yes" to that question, what characteristics would you associate with what sign?

leephd
06-07-2006, 22:35
The more traditional approach was to associate physical appearance with the rising sign. It doesn't seem to be a common practice anymore, perhaps because these ideas work best in a population where everyone has more or less the same genetic background, so that you are looking at variations on a theme. The one remnant that is still around is using this in rectification.

You can find some good key word lists at stariq.com

star-lover
07-07-2006, 04:22
the ascendant is definitely the place to start and its ruler/aspects
i have virgo rising and i have the traditionally said high forehead/hairline
scorpio risings have the penetrative gaze etc etc
also
for women venus sign and aspect and for men mars i guess

might be an idea to look at celebrities charts and see what fits

rainwolf
07-07-2006, 05:11
A long time ago Dave told me the libras have something with their lips....I seem to have forgotten. Really interesting though.

If the ascendent has something to do with it, then planets should affect if too if they lie on the asc.

squeakmo9
07-07-2006, 08:48
I've heard taurus people are short and fat, wide nose, and mouth, no neck(lol).
Leos (my asc)large, proud, "full", I take that as fat or pleasantly plump with light hair.
I have a friend who is a cappy and she is not tall and slender, go figure.

huredriel
07-07-2006, 20:43
Interesting ....... Scorp rising ...... have been told have a penetrative gaze/star ....... Leo sun ...... long hair :D, tall and definitely a strong/commanding walk.

My mates hubbies are both Taurus .... not that tall but neither are fat, wide or have short necks LOL.

gorgeousbutterfly
07-07-2006, 20:57
"Leo sun ...... long hair , tall and definitely a strong/commanding walk."

-yep that sounds like me. my hair even if cut short grows back long and thick. i'm am tall and i have a strong disticnt walk. :) leo sun.

star-lover
07-07-2006, 21:17
A long time ago Dave told me the libras have something with their lips....I seem to have forgotten. Really interesting though.

If the ascendent has something to do with it, then planets should affect if too if they lie on the asc.

Libras are supposed to have a dimple on their chin - i know i have and Im one
yes the planet on ascendant would have a big effect - i have pluto there and i have the intense stare as well!

scorpiana
08-07-2006, 04:22
it would be cool if somehow we could anonymously view pictures of one another and guess the sign from them. i wonder how many we'd get right?

star-lover
08-07-2006, 07:10
it would be cool if somehow we could anonymously view pictures of one another and guess the sign from them. i wonder how many we'd get right?

lol that might be interesting and funny when we get it all wrong! dang!

at the top of the chat forum there is a thread with peoples photos in
you could pick from there and guess

good idea actually!!

anyone want to volunteer in organising such a thread

cutiecutie
09-07-2006, 17:35
It's impossible not to generalize here... it's also impossible to generalize because I know so many people under the same sun sign that look nothing alike.

I can read a person's sun sign best based on their personality rather than their physical appearance, oftentimes I get it right but it's only speculation

Elven
09-07-2006, 18:25
I have a Leo Sun friend who I was trying to work out her sign - D'OH!!
Thick long chestnut hair past her bottom - and a dimple in her chin! LOL!!

Blessings
Elven x

sarai21
09-07-2006, 21:54
My experience- Leos: deep upper lip, thick hair, facial scars(lower face)walk chest first,expansive gestures
Scorpio-prominent canines,pale face and dark hair,piercing eyes
Cancer-most prominent feature being eyes and palish face,fleshy features,chest and arms create a cradling posture
Capricorn-narrow jaw or crooked teeth, smile with lips turned down
Aries-reddish eyebrows, facial scars(upper face) quick and decisive movements, neat,compact body
Taurus-thick body(plumpness),jowly,posture hunches forward from shoulders and head
Aquarius-high forehead(unusually so,wide as well) pale eyes
Gemini-narrow,pale face,eyes quite shallow,willowy and posture leans back,chin up...
Libra-air features and sensuous lips,lopes when moving,usually quite controlled and graceful
Saggitarius-light reddish tones to hair and features,unusually young looking.twitchy
My friend and I play this game-we need to at least guess the type of sign(earth,air,fire,water) of a person. We are usually right when it comes to state- water invariably flshy,prominent lips, fleshy features,very round or long face, mostly deep contrast from hair to skin...Air-refined feaures,paler eyes,thin lips, high forehead...Fire- warm toned hair(eyebrows), facial scars, deep-set eyes(in the case of Leos-long upper lip,indeed-leonine), Earth-runs to richer figure,wide fingers and well proportioned figures-mostly darker tones and heavier lower bodies...These featured would at least show the major influences in a person's chart...fun party game-quite addictive.
Fiona

sharpchick
09-07-2006, 23:57
I can usually pick out water signs - particularly Scorps and Pisces.

With Scorps, it's the eyes - the definitely see into you. And the whole affect of standing on the periphery of a situation, but still seeing into the heart of it.

With Pisces, it's more of an overall affect. I can just tell that in their minds, they are remembering places many of the rest of us have not yet been.

scorpiana
10-07-2006, 02:56
okay then-- i just put up a picture on my profile--

objectively guess my sign (though that should be pretty easy) without looking at other information/posts etc.

objectively guess my rising sign (same rules)

huredriel
10-07-2006, 03:15
Sorry Scorpiana ....... saw the birthdate!! But Aries popped into my head ...... got any of that?

Tara2007
10-07-2006, 03:19
I have Sun Aries & Ascending Leo...I do have the Ram type eyebrows, arched you know, and the Leo mane...reddish golden color and all....Also, I believe Leos have that type of proud bearing (supposedly)and I do tend to walk and for that matter sit, quite straight. (Good for the back, a prob for Leos anyway)

scorpiana
10-07-2006, 03:31
Sorry Scorpiana ....... saw the birthdate!! But Aries popped into my head ...... got any of that?

no aries..maybe i will put up a picture of a friend of mine...that would probably be better..

star-lover
10-07-2006, 03:35
i got aries as well - prob from the red hair and strong look...then again i seen your posts lol sorry saying you have 6 planets in scorpio
mars = aires and scorpio
yes put your friends photo up lol

what other signs do you have cos you dont have an overly scorpio feel...there MUST be lighter elements in your chart

scorpiana
10-07-2006, 04:17
what other signs do you have cos you dont have an overly scorpio feel...there MUST be lighter elements in your chart

sun- scorpio (1st house, conj. with moon)
asc- scorpio
moon-scorpio (1st house conj. with venus)
mercury- scorpio (12th house conj. mars)
venus- scorpio (1st house conj. pluto)
mars- scorpio (12th house)
jupiter- pisces (4th house conj. pluto)
saturn- cancer (8th house)
uranus- libra (12th house)
neptune- sag (1st house)
pluto- libra (11th house)
midheaven- leo

squeakmo9
12-07-2006, 08:22
sun- scorpio (1st house, conj. with moon)
asc- scorpio
moon-scorpio (1st house conj. with venus)
mercury- scorpio (12th house conj. mars)
venus- scorpio (1st house conj. pluto)
mars- scorpio (12th house)
jupiter- pisces (4th house conj. pluto)
saturn- cancer (8th house)
uranus- libra (12th house)
neptune- sag (1st house)
pluto- libra (11th house)
midheaven- leo

Wow, no wonder your name is Scorpiana:D. Only met one Scorpio and I felt like I was walking on eggshells half the time. Although I think the guy had a rather rough life.