Astrological signs and physical appearance

scorpiana

i have several older astrology books that correlate sun signs with physical characteristics and i have always wondered..is anyone out there able to spot a particular sign by certain appearance attributes? i know that we are all so much more complex than simply our sun sign, but i am curious.

and, if you answer "yes" to that question, what characteristics would you associate with what sign?

leephd

Sun Signs, or Rising Signs

The more traditional approach was to associate physical appearance with the rising sign. It doesn't seem to be a common practice anymore, perhaps because these ideas work best in a population where everyone has more or less the same genetic background, so that you are looking at variations on a theme. The one remnant that is still around is using this in rectification.

You can find some good key word lists at stariq.com

star-lover

the ascendant is definitely the place to start and its ruler/aspects
i have virgo rising and i have the traditionally said high forehead/hairline
scorpio risings have the penetrative gaze etc etc
also
for women venus sign and aspect and for men mars i guess

might be an idea to look at celebrities charts and see what fits

rainwolf

A long time ago Dave told me the libras have something with their lips....I seem to have forgotten. Really interesting though.

If the ascendent has something to do with it, then planets should affect if too if they lie on the asc.

squeakmo9

I've heard taurus people are short and fat, wide nose, and mouth, no neck(lol).
Leos (my asc)large, proud, "full", I take that as fat or pleasantly plump with light hair.
I have a friend who is a cappy and she is not tall and slender, go figure.

huredriel

Interesting ....... Scorp rising ...... have been told have a penetrative gaze/star ....... Leo sun ...... long hair :D, tall and definitely a strong/commanding walk.

My mates hubbies are both Taurus .... not that tall but neither are fat, wide or have short necks LOL.

gorgeousbutterfly

"Leo sun ...... long hair , tall and definitely a strong/commanding walk."

-yep that sounds like me. my hair even if cut short grows back long and thick. i'm am tall and i have a strong disticnt walk. :) leo sun.

star-lover

rainwolf said:
A long time ago Dave told me the libras have something with their lips....I seem to have forgotten. Really interesting though.

If the ascendent has something to do with it, then planets should affect if too if they lie on the asc.

Libras are supposed to have a dimple on their chin - i know i have and Im one
yes the planet on ascendant would have a big effect - i have pluto there and i have the intense stare as well!

scorpiana

it would be cool if somehow we could anonymously view pictures of one another and guess the sign from them. i wonder how many we'd get right?

star-lover

scorpiana said:
it would be cool if somehow we could anonymously view pictures of one another and guess the sign from them. i wonder how many we'd get right?

lol that might be interesting and funny when we get it all wrong! dang!

at the top of the chat forum there is a thread with peoples photos in
you could pick from there and guess

good idea actually!!

anyone want to volunteer in organising such a thread