happy pebbles

wizzle

I just thought this might be a fun item to share.

As you might or might not know, I just moved from Los Angeles up to the Pacific northwest. And, of course, I had to pack up all of my stuff which seems to take forever to locate and unpack.

Today, I unpacked the small box with most of my healing stones. I have a good sized collection of cut stones (spheres, obelisks, hearts, etc), plus some pebbles I've picked up here and there. I must say, categorically, that my pebbles were the most "happy" to see me again. I really got a surge of energy from them and such good thoughts. It was far more powerful than from my cut stones, of which there were far more. Well, I've always suspected that the plain stones we find are far more significant than anything we cay buy. Now I'm sure of that.

Ciao..

eastarot

I loved your description of meeting with your beloved pebbles again:) Maybe they are more powerful because they havent endured so many hands and energies, machines for cutting and polishing, the way a cut stone would. Just thinking aloud:)

MCsea

wizzle, your pebbles energy reached me too, a big smile is now on my face and is helping me get through this day with crystal energy

thank you for sharing!!

MARINA

:)

Chronata

Yay!
I bet your pebbles were happy to "see" you again!

That's such a great feeling!

I too have a collection of happy pebbles...which do throw off nicer energy than many of my crystals...I think it's because of all the pebbles lying on the road, or beach or field...I chose THEM!

Sherringham

My best pebble I found was on a beach which was under the cauldron used for Lammas last year, and it has a hole in it, still don't know whether to get it tumbled or not, but raw energy just flies from it.

EveAnna

I collect beach pebbles too, I seem to be drawn to the milky white ones and I keep them with my small collection of crystals. I have some white ones that have layers of quartz running through them. But I also have a small collection of pebbles of all colours and they all give good feelings off.

It might spoil the energy that your pebble gives off if you tumble it Sherringham.

Sophie

I love my pebbles too, and they are very friendly in return :). I find them on beaches, in the mountains (glacial pebbles I am very fond of, and also stream pebbles; I also have some rock crystal lumps I've found) - in fact, anywhere there are pebbles.

Not quite three years ago, I holidayed on the island of Tinos, in Greece, in late September. I would go to beach coves alone to swim (in the buff ;)). It was a wonderful, healing holiday I took after the madness of Iraq. The beaches there are sandy, but full of pebbles. On closer inspection, I saw the pebbles were made of...perfect Parian marble! So I lugged a small treasury back home with me, and they are among my most precious minerals.

I'm not surprised your pebbles were happy to be home with you - they are a part of you, collected with joyous energy.

I would never tumble one of my beautiful found pebbles :eek:. In fact, I would never tumble any stone or crystal I owned, although I have bought some tumbled.

At Midsummer, I took part in a ritual up a mountains. When we had opened the circle, I saw a small rock with a hole in it. It looked very friendly, as though to say - take me along, I'm full of the fire and love of Litha. So I did - leaving a small offering in its place. It lives among my marble pebbles. I didn't know that holey stones were a Goddess gift - I just assumed mine was ;)

Razordance

I'd leave that one as it is. A stone with a natural hole through it is a gift from the Goddess, and is considered highly magical. Do a search on "holey stone", "hag stone", "adder stone" or "Odin stone".

Sherringham

Thankyou for your advice, I shall leave it raw. I knew it was a special stone, as holes are rare, but to find it where the cauldron had stood was magickal anyway. We are hoping to go back again this year, I shall take it with me and bathe it in the sea.

Razordance

Great idea. One more comment... Don't be too upset if you lose it someday. Another belief about these stones is that when someone needs it more than you do, the stone will move on. What this means is that you'll suddenly realize that it isn't there. It is a very special gift, but it is normal for it to move to another when the need is greater than yours.