Why so drained and tired after reading today??

a_shikhs

Today I did a reading for my uncle which left me feeling very very drained and tired. I was wearing an amethyst bracelet and had crystal tumbles around me. And the most important thing is that he is not a negative person which could cause the tired and drained feeling. He is a highly positive and a spiritual person and infact I was quite shocked to discover his spiritual side.
Then why did I feel so drained and tired?? The reading was pretty normal and not very intense. Infact I have had loads of intense readings and have never felt drained because of crystals. Then why this time.. Any idea?? :confused:

Sophie

It sounds like you got "high" on spirit and forgot to ground yourself - especially with a spiritual person with you. Your Crown chakra wide open, but you forgot about your root, that keeps you solidly anchored to the ground.

Next time you do a reading - for anyone - remember to ground and centre yourself. This is especially important if the reading is going to be long and/or for someone who is very awake spiritually.

You can also ground and centre during a reading if you start to feel lightheaded.

And as Umbrae always says - remember also to drink plenty of water.

a_shikhs

Thanks Helvetica :) Yea, I didnt ground myself before the reading. I just started it off in a hurry. And it went on for pretty long too. And as soon as we I closed the cards, we started our spiritual talk which lasted for about hours at a stretch. Maybe thats what caused the drained feeling. :)

Umbrae

Dearest a_shikhs;

Ground and drink water. LOL

It does not matter how many crystals you have - if they are the wrong kind. Amethyst works on the crown chakra moves lower energy to higher energy…so in effect…it can actually 'unground' you. Hunt down some Onyx, or hematite.

Go outside, take your shoes off and tromp through mud puddles and feel the mud between your toes – then ‘relive’ that feeling during a reading (before turning over each card).

Don’t have all your cards face-up to start with, it can be overwhelming and ‘pull’ you out of your grounded state.

Water – your brain is 98% water. Drink more. Most people go through life clinically dehydrated and don’t know it. Drink more water – golly gee – it may even prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s (it’s a theory of mine, not a proven fact so don’t quote me unless you say that I’m a wacko from the US).

Ground – Hydration – one card at a time…

And off that Amethyst for now…sure it helps keep the aura clean and pure – but you gotta ground before you can clean.

:smoker:

a_shikhs

Thanks for the lovely tips Umbrae. :)

I don't usually ground myself but now I think I should as it really drains me.

Umbrae said:
It does not matter how many crystals you have - if they are the wrong kind. Amethyst works on the crown chakra moves lower energy to higher energy…so in effect…it can actually 'unground' you. Hunt down some Onyx, or hematite.

I usually keep loads of amethyst crsytals near me as I love them.. :D Wow,I had no idea that amethyst could actually unground you. I have an onyx stone which I will keep with the other crystals while reading the cards.

Ground – Hydration – one card at a time…

thanks for the lovely advice.:D