Story Time

StarUpInTheSky

I dont know what board this topic would go in so I just picked this one. I was wodnering if anyone has used tarot to create storys?? It seems like something interesting I would want to do since I am in love with writing and I am always looking for new ideas for stories and poems.

starrystarrynight

There are many threads covering this...if you check the search function, you can find them.

But as a quick answer...yes. :)

I think that I have pretty good success as a reader (and have many return clients) because, as a writer, I read spreads as a story...situation - crisis - climax - denouement - wrap-up (something like that.)

Of course, life is not usually as pretty as all that...always loose ends and never-ending drama. But I also think that people like to see that there are cycles to their lives--much like stories--that do have beginnings, middles, and endings. And that they can grab control of the situation they are inquiring about with, perhaps, a little more information garnered from a reading.

If you are asking about using the cards to "write" fiction (which I see that you are), well, I can see how you could do that, as well. I never have, myself, but I know others here at AT have done so.

Lain_82

hello!!!!

I have used Tarot cards to create characters and plots for my stories. depending on what I want to do I create some quick spread and start playing with the cards.... it's a really fun thing to do and it has given me some really good ideas.

oh! There are some related spreads on the Tarot Spread Index, you should look them up and see if any of them are good to you.

ravenest

For me, every reading is a jumble that I piece together by making a story.
In workshops for beginers I teach this as well, just to lay cards out and make a story.

thinbuddha

There is a good spread in the book "Understanding the Tarot Court" about using tarot to tell stories.

Basically, you draw cards placing the Majors on the top row, Courts on the second row, and pips on the bottom row. Keep drawing until you have at least a couple of each. The majors are the theme, the courts are the characters, and the pips are the events.

That's the nutshell- there is more detail about how to do this in the book- but really, I'd suggest to use it as a starting point to find a method that works for you.