Charging in the moon and sun

silverstep

When I charge crystals in the moon I notice very full and soft energy and a very good energy for healing that I resonate with very much. When I charge in the sunlight the energy from the crystals doesnt really seem that amplified to me. Maybe because I charged in the sun too much and not enough in the moon for a whille and got burnt out from the sun, then when I put them in the full moon it balanced out the male and female energies and created an energy that produced the most beneficial atmosphere in my aura. What do others think and feel from charging crystals in the different lights?

dr. farr

I have almost exclusively used solarization to amplify stones when making elixirs, although exposure to magnetic fields, vibratory devices, boiling and ultra-violet light all have an effect in the amplification process (as applied to the making of elixirs). So far, however, I personally have not felt a need to use either sun or moon for amplifying the basic energies of the stones for direct application, although I must admit that I when I directly apply stones it is almost always done via the red flag method.
A lunar amplification seems to modify the intensity of stones so exposed when tested by radiesthesia (physical radiesthesia using a measuring tool such as a protractor or ruler), while exposure to sun seems to extend the field of the stone (as measured radiesthetically). However, since I have not done extensive radiesthetic testing in this particular area, these statements are merely tentative and perhaps friends on this forum will do further testing in this area and report their experiences.

silverstep

thanks for your response lithotherapist, I can kinda sense what you mean by extending the range and intensity.

redflash

My moonstones feel lovely after being charged in the full-moon light. I have a herkimer that positvely bounces when it's been under the full moon too ! I also noticed the herkimer feels different after being in the sunlight, sort of "peaceful." I know that sounds odd but it's the only way I can describe it. xx

punchinella

I have learned the hard way to keep things out of the sun. A solar charge doesn't feel right to me at all, but then, I don't like it on my body either :) Excessive sunlight can alter color, and I've noticed increased cloudiness too in certain minerals exposed directly. I don't let this happen anymore.

A lunar charge is perfect for my purposes, so clear and gentle.

Heckta

From my own experience I 've only used solar energy to cleanse and energize my stones. Plus, I only get to do Solar cleansing rituals during the Spring to Fall months at my family summer home. Never have used Lunar energy. I guess for fear that I will lose my stones over night if I leave them out. Where I live normally I do not receive any lunar light or sunlight from my window. I live in an apartment and all my windows face north. So during the winter months I do a simple salt cleansing or Freezer cleansing for 24hrs.

But in all my time doing solely solar cleansing rituals I've never found my stones unbalance. I find them stronger and more colorful. I guess it depends on each person and the relationship with the individual to the stone and what works best for them.

chrisam-crystals

i tend to do certain cleansing according to which stones/crystals i am doing at the time.

for all of my female/goddess type energy stones - moonstone, pearls, selenite, angelite, amethyst etc - i use the lunar energy and find that they are extremely energised and just bounce about. lol

whereas with stones such as carnelain, clear quartz, citrine and labradorite i use solar energy to cleanse them and it works very well.

but i really do think that it is trial and error and personal preference when it comes to working and handling ytour crystals, and that is the fun of being a crystal worker.

jue xx

sharpchick

For completely clear quartz with no inclusions, I use the moon simply because of fire danger around here. Imagine me the day I noticed little tiny wisps of smoke curling up from the surface of my garden altar where I had placed 6 fair size (about 2 to 3 inch) clear quartz points in the sun, and a fallen leaf had ignited. . .

Lesson learned. . .For some colored or opaque stones and milky or heavily included quartz, the sun is fine.

chrisam-crystals

cor blimey!

(that's old english for oh my god! ;))

we don't get enough sunshine for things like that to happen.....sniff sniff...

Red Emma

Charging in sun and moon

lithotherapist said:
... when making elixirs, although exposure to magnetic fields, vibratory devices, boiling and ultra-violet light all have an effect in the amplification process (as applied to the making of elixirs). So far, however, I personally have not felt a need to use either sun or moon for amplifying the basic energies of the stones for direct application, although I must admit that I when I directly apply stones it is almost always done via the red flag method.

Actually, I logged on this evening to seek information about making elixers. And here I stumble across this posting.

I had a treatment this afternoon from a Reiki trained crystologist. She mentioned that for a certain problem an elixer made with certain crystals would be beneficial.

When I asked how I could make the elixer she said there was no reason for me to bother, as they had them all ready made up. When I tried to get info re making it myself, she kind of put me off.

Her treatments have been very effective for me, and besides I'm quite fond of her, or I'd forget the whole thing.

Could you tell me just how you make them? If I'm not impinging on a trade secret you've created, that is.

Blessings,

Emma