PDA

View Full Version : Time Settings

Elven
13-07-2006, 04:01
When I come to AT sometimes I am asked to give my password and log in, other times, Im not asked and am connected straight away.

When I am asked to log in the time is -5 (wrong time zone for me)

When I am just connected straight to AT (dont have to log in) the time zone is correct -10

What is that about - am I going through a different site, or is someone trying to get my password and access through another connection?

Dont understand...

Thanks
Elven x

Lillie
13-07-2006, 07:27
I know exactly what is happening, and it's nothing to worry about.

When you sign in and the little box is ticked, it puts a cookie in your computer so the site remembers you the next time you come here and it lets you straight in, to your AT with your settings, including your time zone.

If that cookie gets deleted off your computer (this happens with me if Hubby clears the cookies, or if there is a big computer crash and the computer resets itself) then when you come to the site it does not know who you are.
And you see the time zone as the sites time zone. Which is not the same as yours.
And you have to sign in before the site can recognise you and give you your settings and your proper time and everything.
Then (if the little box is ticked) it will give you a new cookie for the next time.

Elven
15-07-2006, 02:10
Thankyou lillie :D You're a smart cookie! :D lol sorry I had to add that :P ;)

So I shouldnt worrry about the time zone being out?

Lillie
15-07-2006, 04:00
Don't worry at all.

It happens to me all the time.
It's slightly irritating to have to put in name and password, but that's all.
A minor annoyance.

So long as it's right once you have signed in, then all your personal settings are OK.

PS. I'm a choc chip cookie! :D