High Priestess..Read it!!!

tmgrl2

Some time ago, Red Emma started this thread

about David Skibbins' award winning novel Eight of Swords ....

I read it and loved it!

Now I am almost finished with his second novel High Priestess...

If you want a great quick read mystery with some fun characters and loads of Tarot, read these books! Skibbins is a Tarot reader for real...and you can tell from these novels.

Warren's Tarot mentor pops up periodically throughout the stories with a reading he just had to give Warren Ritter (the main character, a fellow who "disappeared himself" thirty years ago, during the Weathermen times).

I'm going to check out the author's website and send him a note with a link to Aeclectic...

Warren Ritter reminds me a little of our Umbrae....I could see him in this role....

http://www.davidskibbins.com/

I just sent DS an e-mail with links to AT and Association for Tarot Studies...with a bit of a promo for our website along with praise for his work.

His main character knows how to "read" people and he gives all kinds of information about his own "process" but always says that his mentor REALLY can tell the future with the cards....so he has two characters who carry the parts of us that believe and the parts of us that may be skeptical about what we do at times.....very cool....IMHO...
Enjoy the fun!

terri

Tara2007

Thank you so much tmgrl.... I am very interested in reading both of those books. I believe the movie "Spoof" is to be released next week or the week after as well. Are you also familiar with the book associated with that movie?

tmgrl2

Tara2007 said:
Thank you so much tmgrl.... I am very interested in reading both of those books. I believe the movie "Spoof" is to be released next week or the week after as well. Are you also familiar with the book associated with that movie?

No, Tara....is that the Woody Allen movie that was discussed in another thread here? Do I remember people being disappointed in how the subject of Tarot was handled in the movie?

Skibbens knows his Tarot history...in the second bood he talks about the game of Tarocchi......I love how he handles the Tarot and the readings that are part of the plot.

Hope you enjoy these books. Just the fact that he respects the Tarot, yet can be "light" about his own reading skills (or Warren's in the book...LOL) and yet very serious about the quality of the character's mentor's readings....is so lovely.

terri

Whitestar

I just finished reading Eight of Swords and I liked it a lot, can't wait to read High Priestess!!

RubyRuby

Thank you. I just put both books on hold at the library. I'm looking forward to reading them.

tmgrl2

Great....I hope I hear something back from the author....if not...at least I sent a nice note to him...

terri

I will finish HPriestess tonight....

RubyRuby

Thank you for the recommendation. Both books were awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed them. High Priestess left me wanting more. I hope the author decides to write more in the series.

Sulis

I haven't read them yet but just ordered them from Amazon.

RubyRuby, his next book is called The Star.

RubyRuby

Sulis said:
I haven't read them yet but just ordered them from Amazon.

RubyRuby, his next book is called The Star.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thanks for letting me know. I looked it up. Feb. 7, 2007. hmmm 02072007

Ruby Red Slippers

Ok so I didn't see this before....but while shopping on Monday noticed the "High Priestess" book - Very good! a 2 day read!

I checked out the web site - thanks tmgrl2 AND I sent Mr. Skiibbens this web site - perhaps he will visit!

Looking forward to more stories.

If you have a mind check out his call in Mystery Writers discussion the 1st Thursday of the Month which is TONIGHT.

Here's the web site again to check out your time zone. http://www.davidskibbins.com/

Happy reading to all!

RRS