fairies, mermaids or angels?

BrightEye

i have the archangel and goddess oracle by doreen virtue - oh, and the unicorn one. and i want more (don't know why because they are so tacky, but i love them). i'm more inclined to the mermaids/dolphins deck, but would also like the fairies, don't know about healing with the angels. i want something sexy and feminine. please someone help me decide!

a_shikhs

Well if you want a faery deck, I would suggest either Faeries Oracle, Fairy Ring Oracle, or Healing with the Fairies. I have all three of them and love them.

As for mermaids, there is one by Doreen Virtue which is very beautiful. I think you should get them all. ;)

BrightEye

but if i had to decide between the fairies and the mermaids by doreen virtue, which one would you suggest?

lolakate

"I think you should get them all."

Gosh, what are we like?? Surely we shouldn't be encouraging other forum members to bankrupt themselves?!? :D Yes, of course you should get them all - I'm more of a fey sort myself but I'm almost equally partial to mermaids, hehehehe .... xxx

a_shikhs

BrightEye said:
but if i had to decide between the fairies and the mermaids by doreen virtue, which one would you suggest?

I dont have the the mermaids deck by Doreen Virtue but I like the Faeries one by her. Its sweet like her other decks. I think you should get both of them.. ;)

gorgeousbutterfly

healing with the angels is easier to read from for someone who is starting with oracles.mermaid oracle has very beautiful art, but has more vague meanings, for example " soulmate relationships" compared to healing with angels " love" i think the soulmate is more vague i would read love easier in a reading.

geministar

It depends on your personal preference.

All Doreen Virtue decks are quite easy to read and if you're a beginner they are a great. I really love the mermaids. The artwork is really beautiful and kind of magical and grabs me more than any of her other decks. I dont have her fairy deck but have seen the cards and I would still prefer the mermaids over it, but it depends if fairy's are more your thing, or mermaids.

What are you more guided to?

BrightEye

geministar said:
What are you more guided to?
mermaids. but i don't want a fluffy childish deck like the unicorns. i really like the archangels and goddesses because they address shadow aspects and generally allow for the darker side of life to be dealt with. but i don't really want another goddess and angel deck, so i thought the mermaids or fairies might be good.

i want to explore the divine feminine a bit more. especially another goddess deck would be more of the same (i already have two).

geministar

If your still not sure, why dont you have a look at the cards on the internet or go into a shop and have a better look at them. I think you should be fine with the mermaids but please dont blame me if you're not happy with them lol!

If it helps, I'll give you an example of a few of the cards:

Make a Decision: "Feeling stuck or indecisive? Listen to your intuition and make a decision".

Wait: "Dont rush into action right now. Bide your time for better results."

Yes: "Your intuition is correct. Take action accordingly."

These are just a few of the cards. I wanted to tell you about alot more than 3 cards. They dont sound fluffy, but they may sound fluffy to some people. I dont think so though. If you like the Healing with the Angels I think you should love these.

I have the goddess deck too and they are my favourites but before I got the Goddesses favourite were the mermaids.

Let me know what you decide.

:love:
Geministar

BrightEye

geministar said:
Let me know what you decide.
mermaids, definitely. i'll get the deck on my way home from work.

you know what helped me decide? i have my archangels deck with me here and i asked the cards 'would it be a good idea to get the mermaids and dolphins deck?' and i got the card that says 'brilliant idea'. that made me laugh. but i have felt drawn to the pictures i saw on the internet. it's probably divine guidance (that's what it says on the angel card).

i'll keep you posted.

edited to add: i'm writing something on Erzulie at the moment and i only just remembered that one of her manifestations is a mermaid! so there's the goddess connection that i suspected all along was there but that i couldn't put my finger on.