PDA

View Full Version : Eight of wands as outcome in a relationship spread

annica
18-07-2006, 07:47
Hello!

I am just wondering about the eight of wands (with king of cups as clarification card) as an outcome in relationship spred. Is that a good or a bad card? I know that it depends on the deck and the other cards but I just want a general idea. :-)

Thanks Annica

Flavio
18-07-2006, 07:59
OK, to me 8 of Wands in a relationship spread stands for hot sex, you have a lot of energy here, you also have in the Ace but the energy in the 8 already has a direction, the King of Cups as a clarification tell me that even if they are a hot couple they also have their emotions in order we are not talking about only a physical thing but commitment is also involved.

Umbrae
18-07-2006, 08:06
Something (a fact, a point, a bit of information etc) that has been missing - is about to be discovered.

annica
18-07-2006, 08:11
Hmm.. ok.. thankyou, this is about a relationship that not exists at the moment (a breakup)...

Sulis
18-07-2006, 08:26
Hi Annica,

Without seeing the whole spread it's a bit difficult to interpret one card - they interact you see and a lot depends on context.

Why don't you post the reading in the Your Readings forum (with your own interpretation)?

annica
18-07-2006, 08:42
yes I am thinking about that. I think a am clear about the other cards in the spread, but I was not sure about the eigth of wands.. :-)

Sulis
18-07-2006, 08:49
The eight of Wands to me is about thngs falling into place, sorting out after the upset of the seven. Things happening quickly - fire energy and the movement to find a balance that I think the number eight represents.

Adjustment
18-07-2006, 12:55
To me the 8 of wands as outcome mean that things are reaching a conclusion, coming to an end, the events, situation or relationship has gone as far as they would go, all this represented by the wands coming to the ground, to their final destination. In another words i see the 8 of wands as an ending.

Wonderwoman
18-07-2006, 13:37
I have seen it in different spreads as quick communication. For example, an email, a phone call. Very speedy (or faster than usual communication) between 2 people. And it was always as good news!

pualani
18-07-2006, 19:05
I tend to think of the 8 of wands as a generally positive card, but I always like to reflect on the energy of change that is present in the number eight. I have heard and read many of the abovementioned interpretations - missing info that comes to light, phone calls or messages or even visitors, etc. The fast moving energy in this card could manifest in many different things and however it does it will help to create change. I think the "up in the air" energy of the RWS illustration adds a small element of excitement and mystery, which is supported by the fact that there are no people in the card either (the only other RWS wands card without people is the ace, and someone mentioned a connection there earlier).

It is anyones guess what it means in your reading without seeing all the cards, but surely there is fast movement of energy and change afoot.

pualani
18-07-2006, 19:13
The eight of Wands to me is about thngs falling into place, sorting out after the upset of the seven. Things happening quickly - fire energy and the movement to find a balance that I think the number eight represents.

While I like this image of things falling into place after the conflict of the seven, the defensiveness of battle is still very present in the nine (at least in the RWS deck). What do you make of this? Is the conflict different in nature (in the way we see different kinds of conflict in the five and the seven)? The energy of the suit only seems to get heavier and more unweildy as it progresses.
Sorry if this question is beyond the scope of the thread, my interest in this suit is now very engaged by all the wonderful info put forward about this card!

annica
19-07-2006, 04:13
Thankyou all for your comments! It gave me something to think about.