Tarot Bags profitable?

Azarial

I am a stay at home mom, so I was looking for something to do that would pass the time, and as a bonus make some extra money. So I was thinking about sewing tarot bags and selling them on ebay. I was wondering if this would be very profitable at all, or if it would just be a waste of time.

Kahlie

Depends on:
1) How much you like it
2) How much you sell them for (Prices range widely)
3) How much time you are willing to put into advertising

Kahlie

Azarial

Well I am sure I would like it, I just need something to do. With winter just around the corner, I thought it would be something fun to occupy my time.

FantasyWorld

I got into a buying spree for bags on Ebay for awhile and have bought many.....
They range from about $3.00 up to about $20 depending.....there seem to be quite a few sellers out there now so it's hard to say how much you might make....guess it depends on how much it costs you to make them and what you get for them....Good luck......

Love
Leslie

Sulis

Hi Azarial,

I make bags and reading cloths and sell them through my website.

I love hunting for the fabric and beads and making the bags too but I wouldn't call it 'profitable'... It's a nice way to get a bit of pocket money though and I love the thought of folks in all parts of the globe having their cards in a Sulis Creations bag :)

star-lover

doesn't hurt to try it - you could also do custom made for a bit more money - ask what the customer would like

heres another idea
i still had a headache this morning from yesterday and i just grab some lavender and smell it and it really helps
i was thinking wouldn't it be great if i could buy some sort of hair/headband made out of a thin material that is filled with lavender - i could wear it for as long as needed - i'm sure it would help your eyes/head if you sit in front of a screen for many hours as well

good luck!! :)

Edge

Azarial said:
I am a stay at home mom, so I was looking for something to do that would pass the time, and as a bonus make some extra money. So I was thinking about sewing tarot bags and selling them on ebay. I was wondering if this would be very profitable at all, or if it would just be a waste of time.

Sounds like a wonderful idea, and EBay definitely has the web traffic. Remember that an effective ad goes a LONG way on any kind of net marketing. Use lots of keywords in your descriptions, ads, etc. Of course regarding EBay, reputation as a seller is equally important to success. I say go for it!! Good Luck. :)

goddesscarlie

also, add extra features that make your bags stand out from the rest. Put little pockets in them for LWBs. Or decorate them in some interesting way. I'm sure you can think of better ideas than me. Just think about what you think a tarot bag could be, what could be handy. Inovations are a great incentive for people to buy, and it will make your bag stand out from the crowd. :)

le pendu

goddesscarlie said:
also, add extra features that make your bags stand out from the rest. Put little pockets in them for LWBs. Or decorate them in some interesting way. I'm sure you can think of better ideas than me. Just think about what you think a tarot bag could be, what could be handy. Inovations are a great incentive for people to buy, and it will make your bag stand out from the crowd. :)

I keep all of my decks in their original boxes, but have often thought that I would like to keep some in leather bags.. does such a thing exist? I'd love to find something that seemed "ancient", like the cards had been kept safely within for hundreds of years. I'd be attracted to bags that had an "old, magical, worn and distressed, 'authentic' feel".. but have never seen anything like this.

In other words.. if you opened The Fool's knapsack.. what would his cards be kept in? When the Magician reaches under the table to pull up his cards.. what does he keep them in?

I also dream about a leather tarot spread cloth that is also the "bag", using leather straps to keep the cards in tact when bundled, but opening up to reveal a "cloth" for reading.

BTW.. I'm a vegetarian... so understand COMPLETELY why some would find the thought pretty repulsive, but for whatever reason.. this is something I would really love to find some time.

just my 2 cents!
robert

Azarial

These are some really great ideas. I was thinking about selling them as sets. Like a tarot bag with a matching spread. I really like the leather idea, and I think that it would probably look gorgeous. I was also thinking about making some dream pillows as well. But where I live, winter pretty much lasts six months out of the year, so I thought that it would be something nice to occupy my time while the kids are sleeping, plus make some extra pocket change while I was at it.