PDA

View Full Version : same sun and sign ascendant

madmoiselle
21-07-2006, 06:31
Does any-one know if this has a specific meaning? For example, if you are Leo Sun, and have Leo Rising? Or are they just read regular, and it is no-thing important?

Minderwiz
21-07-2006, 07:01
The three most important features of a chart are usually taken as the positions of Sun by sign and house, Moon by sign and house and the Ascendant (which is the cusp of the first house.

Now it's actually possible to have the Sun sign and Ascendant sign the same but the Sun to lie in the twelfth house rather than the first - unless the Sun is within around 5 degrees of the Ascendant this is not as strong as the situation where the Sun actually lies in the first house (being at a later degree of the sign than the Ascendant). Sun in the first and Ascendant both in the same sign tends to stress the 'Me' factor when dealing with the various areas of life.

This does not mean that you are necessarily egocentric but it can incline you in that direction (especially in the Leo example you cite).

However it is always dangerous to do a reading from just two features of your chart. The placement of the other planets and the aspects between them severally and between them and the Sun and Ascendant must be also be evauated.

As the Sun passes through all the houses during 24 hours, roughly one twelfth of the population will have this feature in their charts - in practice differences in the time it takes for signs to rise and differences in the distribution of birth times over 24 hours will change this proportion according to sign and location. However it is clearly not unusual.

Rabbit
21-07-2006, 09:16
Does any-one know if this has a specific meaning? For example, if you are Leo Sun, and have Leo Rising? Or are they just read regular, and it is no-thing important?

mademoiselle, I am a Leo Sun 8* w/Leo 3*rising. Do you have these signs too?

madmoiselle
21-07-2006, 11:58
Rabbit - I never had my chart made up professionally (can't afford it right now) so only through Internet charts. I did several, and got different results. I have Leo Sun in the First House at 29 degreess (all-though I did one Internet chart that places it in the Twelvth House) and my Ascendant is Leo at 23 degrees. But, like I said, I don't know how accurate this is, until I have my chart drawn up professionally.

Rabbit
21-07-2006, 20:18
madmoiselle
Have you tried http://www.alabe.com

They are very accurate and if you don't know the longitutde and latitude of your birthplace, type in the town and state and they will find it for you!

edit: PS, it's free!

Minderwiz
21-07-2006, 21:16
If you know your birth details; time in hours and minutes, plus date (dd/mm/yyyy) AND your place of birth accurately you should find the online services give the right result for the Ascendant and the position of the planets.

Any small differences may be due to differences in the ephemrides used, differences in the Atlas used (there can be small differences in the latitudes and longitudes for major cities between Atlases depending on what point is taken as defining the position of the city. The house position of planets may also differ slightly depending on the house system used. All of these issues will also arise in a professional reading - you're paying for the expertise in interpretation and if you are lucky slightly more accurate software. However, I repeat, with accurate information the difference in placement of the Ascendant and planet should be minimal - a matter of minutes of arc, not several degrees.

If you are uncertain about the exact time of birth then a professional might try to 'rectify' a chart, i.e. use known data to 'correct' the given birth time. This may or may not produce a better reading - indeed if you went to 20 professional Astrologers to have your chart rectified you'd probably get 20 different answers.

If you can't find a suitable internet site or are still unhappy with the results then pm me and I'll give you your chart details or help you identify why you are getting confusing results.