Psychic tarot

Ellie121

Hi everyone-

I always seem to post stuff and then disappear for ages. Nice to be back now though.

So yesterday i was doing a few readings and something bothered me-

I know as a fact i have psychic abilities. It would help my tarot readings greatly if i developed them.
The problem is this:
I always hear people talking about "developing" these abilities, but what the hell are they talking about? how does one develop them?
Do they mean paying some spiritual guidance mogul $1000 to teach you?

Please help me out because i would like to enhance my readings in this way- but my psychic intuition only ever works when im not expecting it to or when i am not trying.

Thanks a lot.

xxx

ahimsa666

Hey :)

You'll find loads of info here. Besides,I'd suggest you start meditating every day.And what kind of psychic abilities do you have?

Love,Kamila

Alpha-Omega

ahimsa666 said:
Hey :)

You'll find loads of info here. Besides,I'd suggest you start meditating every day.And what kind of psychic abilities do you have?

Love,Kamila

I love that website!!! Crystalinks is so amazing, you can find tons of info on anything

Ellie121

Thanks so much for the link- i am just having a look now.

When i say i have psychic abilities- what i mean is this:

I know when someone is going to walk into a room because that person pops into my head a second before (this happens a lot, sometimes every-day).

Also I have psychic dreams- i can see the houses and even bedrooms of people i have never met before.
I can almost predict a bad thing happening- like a car crash.... unfortunately these would happen when i didnt realise my abilities existed.
Its not that i see the crash but more like before its going to happen, i start thinking about the person a lot and associate them with their car but just never put the 2 together.
things like that......

there have been so much incidents i wish i would have writeen them down cuz i always forget.

ahimsa666

Hi Ellie :)

I found another great website! Playful Psychic

I'm no expert-but I would still suggest meditation and paying more attention to ypur dreams and feelings.And just check this site out-I'm going to explore it :) I also would like to work on my abilities-but I find it a bit scary :)
This site is cool-good luck :thumbsup:

Love,Kamila

ahimsa666

I also found that working on my chakras is very helpful :)

.traveller.

Writing things down helps too. It is like telling your higher self that you really are listening to what it is telling you. It also gives you a record of all/most of the psychic occurrances you have encountered. I know looking at my journals help me me when I go through episodes of self doubt.

TenOfSwords

When reading Tarot, quickly look at the cards you've drawn (only long enough to get a visual impression of the spread). Then go away from it for an hour and do something else. Don't think about the spread at all, occupy your mind with something else. Then return and read the cards.

Psychic ability comes via intuition and looking at your profile here gives an impression of a really good student with great focus. That means that you're a good "thinker" and use your "thinking" ability when reading the Tarot. That unfortunately short-circuits your intuition (and your psychic ability) because you force your mind into "thinking" mode, reading the cards like you would read any subject you were studying for a education (analysis). This is why psychic abilities don't work when you focus on them... by focusing on them you're actually oppressing them (this is general to all humans). Sabotaging the "thinking" mode by moving away mentally from the subject of study allows your intuition to re-surface and tell you what its impression of things are (the magic "taking a break"). That way you get intuition (and psychic ability) back into your readings.

Meditiation and blanking your mind does the same trick (moves you away from "thinking" mode) but it's much harder to actually do it if you haven't practiced it for while (some people simply cannot let go of "thinking" that way) or isn't confident with the Tarot.

This is written a bit extremely to show the point. It's not meant as a criticism or anything (took me years to repair the "thinking" damage to my intuition from an engineering university lol).

Ellie121

thank you for the link ahimsa666.

Tenofswords, what you say is very true - the way i read tarot can sometimes be like an analysis and im sure its hindering how successfully i read. I find myself looking at the cards and working out every detail as to what they mean and to what they are referring.

I have TRIED to stop myself and relax with it and let the answers come to me but it is extremely frustrating i will be honest :)
(Doesnt mean i wont keep trying because i know it is possible).

I have total faith in my tarot cards though i was such a skeptic when i bought them i did give them a chance.
I just wish that when i read i can have that intuition show itself like it does when im not trying :s.

Also, meditation: ive tried that too but how does it work?
does it make a difference?

thank you all - really wise people here
xxxx

psychic sue

I work psychically with the Tarot - I find it adds so much more to the reading.

The way I developed it was, in the beginning, when I used to read for family and friends (so not paying obviously) I would look at the cards and let myself be drawn to some little detail - for instance, on the 2 of swords I might be drawn to the blindfold - then I would talk about that - not seeing something for what it is, deliberately being "blind", or I might have felt like there was actually an eye problem with someone. I would then link this to the last card - so whatever thing I had picked up on in the card before I would link to the blindfold thing. Hope you know what I mean, but it's hard to explain it!

Then in another reading I may get the 2 of swords, but be drawn to the swords themselves - in yet another reading, I might be drawn to the arms covering the heart chakra - so I would build on that.

Then of course you add in the book meaning too.

Let your intuition flow. Go with the first thoughts that come into your head, then build on them. You will soon find you do it automatically and naturally. it provides a much more detailed and accurate reading. If you want more help feel free to pm me.

Good luck.

Sue x