Outside the Tarot Life...

urbandryad

Have decks, but I don't often use them anymore. I want to do more readings, should, but find my energy for Tarot reading stifled by all the outside world trying to get in on me.

In particular, since I don't have the Londa Tarot (the one deck which seemed to channel the best energy for me) I've been using the Fey and the Osho Zen. These are lovely decks. But...

I find it particularly fascinating that I have all these decks and just all that trouble using them. Having a specific deck that works well, then not having that deck anymore, kind of sucks. o.o Want...my...Londa...back...O_O

Besides this, I had started making a tarot deck, but never finished it. I don't know, maybe I could try again now that I'm doing more art. It is hard work to make so many little images. XD

Also, should I splurge $40 and get the Gilded Tarot? It has been beckoning me...o_O

Owl Song

I know the Londa is out of print but is it very expensive? Would you be able to purchase a copy through e-bay or Amazon Marketplace? I thought I had seen them available for around $20.

I like the Gilded very much. Amazon has it new for $16.47. It's a lovely deck with rich jewel tones and exquisite detail. The symbolism is very close to Rider-Waite Smith so much of what is there is familiar and yet the images have been re-imagined so there will be new things, too. I find the Gilded to be a vibrant, lively deck with a great deal to say.

ana luisa

I second Starlily. I also use the Gilded and find it excelent in all respects. It´s easy to read with, has a myriad of subtleties in each card (which makes it easy to expand the interpretation) and, to me, an art lover, it´s an artistic gem!

Hemera

You can find Londa Tarot at amazon.co.uk.in England. The price is reasonable: about £17.

Abrac

urbandryad said:
Have decks, but I don't often use them anymore. I want to do more readings, should, but find my energy for Tarot reading stifled by all the outside world trying to get in on me.
The age-old question. How to find a balance between creativity and necessity. I am working on finding this balance myself right now. I find that I am growing more and more discontented with outside world. The more I experience of it, the more I am starting to think much of it is just not worth it. My spiritual and intellectual development is starting to take front seat. I guess I am becoming a bit of a hermit. But I am much happier. I have a job that supports me but is not too demanding. I can punch in, put in my hours, then go home and forget about it while I concentrate on other things that are more meaningful to me. I guess each person has to find whatever works best for them. I have found though, that creating that niche for creative pursuits is something you will probably have to work on. Intrusions seem to have a way of finding you unless you make a conscious effort to counteract them. Ideally, I would like to have nothing but leisure time to do with whatever I please. A hopeless dream perhaps, but one I haven't given up on. ;)

tarotbear

You asked two different questions at the same time:

1) I have no ambition after the World gets hold of me

2) I don't have the deck I want to use.

If you had the deck you wanted, would you have any more time to read with it than you do right now? Probably not, even though it would seem like a reason to do more reading. You would probably feel frustrated that you have a deck and no time to read with it.

Picasso said 'I do art every day.' If you want to do more readings you have to learn to make the time for it - or for you, even if you have to pencil it in on your daily planner. You have to know that you have a 25-minute free period in-between thus and so and that is when you WILL turn off the PC, phone, pager, etc and SIT DOWN AND WORK WITH YOUR CARDS. If you don't create the time for yourself no one else will, either.

Tarotphelia

Tarot is not a certain deck , or a special deck . Tarot is any deck you've got . Reconnect with the Tarot.

goddesscarlie

This Australian site has the Londa deck for a good price

http://www.etheria.com.au/cgi-bin/web_store.pl?&ref_id=aec6238&keywords=Londa Tarot Deck

Remember that prices are in Australian dollars, so it is a bit cheaper in US dollars. To Canadian dollars, I'm not 100% sure.

I think you should get whatever deck calls to you, because that is a sure way to get back into the tarot. You can't use decks that you don't feel that connection with - atleast that is how it is for me :)

Citrin

I agree with tarotbear. If you really want to do tarot, you must take your time. Try doing it early in the day when you have the most energy.

If it's the motivation being weak I recommend you to get a good tarot book. I felt drained and "bored" with tarot for a couple of weeks, but I recently got Pollack's 78 Degrees of Wisdom and BAM! All of sudden I have so much 'tarot energy' and inspiration.:)