Half-baked Theory Enclosed

Babsalon

I'm picking up bits and pieces of astrology on the web. So far, just basic personality stuff based on birth charts (I haven't even tried to fit in houses yet. I'm not sure which system to use..).

But I read on a website yesterday that Mars has traveled into Leo.

I got the idea, from that, that since the only Leo in my chart is in my Moon sphere --my subconscious Mooney issues are going to be bursting out in a Mars fashion.

Is that sort of how it works? Because it seems to fit, but I know that correlation does not mean causation and there's prolly some other astrological explanation for my personal issues. :c)

dadsnook2000

Basics

First, understand that you are talking about using a natal-birth chart which has a relatively unique pattern-scattering of planets plotted upon it. Second, you are referring to a transiting planet, Mars, which in now moving into the sign of Leo -- the sign which your natal Moon is in. By itself, this does indeed suggest that Mars' energies-expressions might bring anger, quickness of action, sharp words, etc. to your birth Moon's energies of emotionalism, habits, feelings, etc.

I've been "precise" in my statement so that you'll be able to frame your understanding of astrology. Not many start off in their studies with as clear an understanding of matching transits and natal patterns as you have. Good luck in your studies. Dave

Rainbow Aurora

Mars in Virgo July 2006

Babsalon said:
But I read on a website yesterday that Mars has traveled into Leo.
Mars just moved into Virgo, and we can look for an exciting
conjunction of Mars & Venus at the end of October, but it
will not be visible to the eye, as the Sun will be there too!

Babsalon

oh no more questions

Thanks, guys. Dave made me gleeful and R.Aurora worried me, lol.

Do the plantets -always- travel around this fast??

I'm currently trying to figure out the basics, and it seems a lot like learning Algebra. You think you've got it, but then there comes the red pen for an "F"! And now I'm worried about whether or not I'll be able to find websites that will chart planetary movement for me. I can't afford to pick up any books yet and the only things I've seen so far online are daily accounts of what planet is where. --also, there's not a chance in hell I can chart these things myself. Not lazy, just have realistic knowledge of my abilities.

PS--how the -hell- can anyone make money off of this stuff? I didn't think clients had the patience for the in-depth info that's been smackin me in the face and chest as I try to figure out my birth chard info.

dadsnook2000

More basic basics

The planets each travel at different speeds. Those closest to the Sun such as Mercury orbit the Sun in a matter of months, those further out such as Mars require about two years, while the outer planets can take from 30 to several hundred years to complete one orbit.

As far as making money at astrology, many do by conuseling, writing, teaching. My question is, "why would you want to?" You need to decide why you want to understand and study astrology. Its a big complex subject to study so that you can gain experience and skills that enable you to counsel others. Very few choose to do so. I chose not to go professional because I didn't want to deal with people who tried to put responsibility for their lives in my hands. I enjoy teaching, studying and doing charts. Dave

Babsalon

*smile* I wouldn't want to do astrology alone for money, but I'd really like to get smart enough at it to be able to incorporate it into my tarot readings. It'd be nice to be able to say, "The Magician came up reversed, Mercury is retrograde, and since you're a Virgo .. This is probably a good time to try to talk things out with your ex."

rainwolf

Thats what I do :)

There are some good books, only a few come to mind, that are on the subject. A lot of them touch on it however. Tarot decoded has a big section on this; highly recommend it. tarot companion also has some on it. However tarot decoded is actually worth its money. Well, maybe on amazon.

Fulgour

Be Creative!

Astrology is a Metaphor... not a Science.
Every student writes their own book. :laugh: