PDA

View Full Version : Pendulums, anybody?

serenaserendipity
24-07-2006, 14:42
Hi-

I like to dabble in different kinds of divination, just to test the waters and see what it's like

I recently purchased a quartz crystal pendulum, a very inexpensive one.

My friend left an amethyst behind at my house and I was intrigued...
I think amethyst would be a nice stone for a crystal pendulum, but to start out with I wanted something simpler.

Any tips?

Mine speaks to me this way:
Nods up and down for YES
Swings back and forth for NO (left to right)
and spins in a circle for "Maybe"
(and holds still and shakes for "No answer")

But lately, it's been saying yes to most things!

What do y'all think?

Serendipity

serenaserendipity
24-07-2006, 14:44
Is this more a divination topic?

S.

dr. farr
24-07-2006, 14:59
I don't think this is a divination section topic, because pendulums (for dowsing/ radiesthetic testing) can play a major role in the selection of stones for healing-in fact this is the primary manner in which I select stones for dynamic lithotherapy. Also, many types of stones are used to make pendulums, each stone having a selective affinity for making specific types of tests or readings (although the rock crystal pendulum-like wood or brass pendulums-is for general tests or readings).

Wandlimb
24-07-2006, 22:26
I have an amethyst pendulum - works well.

Netzach
24-07-2006, 22:44
The choice of pendulum is a very personal thing. My favourite is a hand turned wooden one. My husband uses a lovely smoky quartz.

Merenwen
24-07-2006, 23:40
When I bought mine I only had the choise of 3: clear quarts, rose quarts and amethyst. I do not get any good felling from rose quarts at all, so that option went right out the window. Clear quarts gave me a so so, if I must sort of feeling, whereas amethyst was just right for me.

I think it is personal and maybe you should look at some different ones before you decide. Try and hold them as well, not just look, just to see how it feels, if it's comfertable.

Alta
25-07-2006, 01:14
Pendulums are a Divination topic, but the thread seems (so far) so much around crystals that I will leave it here for now.

Marion
Moderator, Crystals and Herbs

memries
25-07-2006, 01:55
serenasependipity... your post inspired me to get out my pendulum again. It is amethyst in silver and it worked great. Guess I put it away because my grandchildren were very interested and didn't want to upset their Mother. I have to be just a bit careful. I cannot have the children going to a Catholic school and telling the teacher their grandmother read their Tarot cards before breakfast and used the pendulum. LOL LOL

skygreen
25-07-2006, 04:16
There are a lot of non divinitory uses for pendulums
I use a quartz pendulum for scanning during energy work and crystal treatments
There is a specific method of healing with the pendiulum too using the motion to spin out blocks and spin in healing energies. I had become rather addicted to using pendulums and after a while they just would dissapear all the time. but now they have reentered my life since I've developed some intuitive skills outside of Pendy work.
You can also use them to help choose the crystals and gem elixirs for a treatment and for chakra balancing
I don't know if there has ever been a study comparing different kinds of stone pendulums as to any variance in effectivenece or best use.

redflash
25-07-2006, 05:54
My pendulum is silver, with a little compartment to store herbs & oils. It has Goddess motifs on it & it quite small but is pretty accurate.

"Yes" is usually deosil
"No" is usually widdershins

I must get someone to hide something in my house & I will see if I can find it.

SuzanneMoon
25-07-2006, 14:56
I have a Green Adventurine and Amethyst pendulums they both work really well :)

wizzle
26-07-2006, 09:13
Just wanted to mention that gemstone beads work great as pendulums and are super cheap. If you don't have a bead merchant nearby, there are dozens of sites on the internet and some sell really small lots of gemstone beads. You can simply thread up a couple of beads on a string. Just don't make the pendulum too heavy. To get fancy, look for jewelry findings and sting the beads on silver chain. This can be a great use for broken chains, spare beads, etc. The possibilities are endless.

My pendulum is made from a tiny quartz crystal earring whose mate got lost. I just hooked the wire onto a bit of gold chain and voila... pendulum.

serenaserendipity
18-08-2006, 07:46
thanks for mentioning that, wizzle...

so i think i got overconnected to my pendulum, cuz it lost itself

my bf keeps saying i should make my own (he's respect it more)

and a local indian chief gave me some beautiful indigo violet beads recently... maybe i could use some of those

thanks for the tips

love,
serendipity

anitarae
18-08-2006, 14:11
Oh my word! I have pendulums and then I have pendulums. Anything I put on a string gives me an answer. Needles on a thread, quartz on a chain, amethyst on a rope.

NewAgeWeb
10-09-2006, 11:41
I work with one of my clients at expos across the North East US and we sell lots of pendulums and much more. We started out with a few basic designs and now they buy the crystal bases and create their own tops etc. They now have over 140 designs and offer them retail as well as wholesale with a $75 minimum order. (Please contact me for one or both web site addresses.)

Which pendulum you pick is certainly a very personal thing. People ask me all the time, "which one should I buy" and what can you say, but "whatever speaks to you."

I also tell them they don't have to buy a pendulum from our booth or any booth... just attach a nut to the end of a string. Anything will work, though I think a nice crystal pendulum can help some people to 'tune in' better - and they are a lot nicer to look at too.

As far as which movement is "yes" "no" "maybe" etc. that too, I believe, varies per person, and perhaps per pendulum in some cases. While we are all "one," we are also different. My suggestion to people when they are buying their first pendulum is to ask it a question they already know the answer to. ie: "Is my name John?" You should get one movement and of course the answer to "Is my name Sally?" should be quite different. Tune that pendulum to you and enjoy!

Razordance
26-09-2006, 14:01
Well, I've got 5 of them now... I don't really think one is more accurate than another, but that could just be me, as I seem to be able to use just about anything as a pendulum successfully. My first was an amethyst point that I made into a pendulum as I had decided I wanted amethyst and couldn't find one. I have since bought pendulums made of bloodstone, fancy jasper, shiva lingham and brass. They seem to all work well for me, although the metal one has a bit of a different energy to it that is taking a bit of getting used to.

Sophie
26-09-2006, 16:47
Until the lovely Elven gifted me a handmade clear crystal pendulum, which works wonders, I used a heavy pendant on a silver chain I wore round my neck. You pinch the chain in your fingers, and it works just as well as classic pendulums. In fact, I rather liked the idea that the pendant - a rhodonite - was next to my skin most of the time.

I agree with those that say any pendulum will work. You can use a pebble on a string if you don't have anything else on hand. What counts is that you suspend disbelief, calm your mind, steady your hand, and go. Obviously, using pretty pendulums with crystals or stones we like probably makes the whole thing much more enjoyable! For my part, it's a real pleasure to use my crystal, and the fact it was made with such skill is an added reason to use it.