If you could be...

Fulgour

If you could be, anyone, anytime, anywhere...
and have a deck of "Tarot Cards" with you :)
and maybe it would be a character in a novel,
who would you be (you?) ~ and which deck?

I'd like to be riding on horseback in 1863,
during the American Civil War, packing my
1761 Conver, at Gettysburg... June 30th.

But I'd be a civilian, and heading West! ;)

WaterSong

I think I would choose one of Monet paintings type of scene and time, late 1800's...I would be wearing a crisp, soft white dress and I would be sitting at a garden table....maybe looking at the pond with the water lilies...and I would have a deck like the Marseilles....

Maybe with me there would be two more friends( I have some ideas about who they could be :) ) and a dish with pastries and chocolates...and tea.

Tarotphelia

Fulgour said:
I'd like to be riding on horseback in 1863,
during the American Civil War, packing my
1761 Conver, at Gettysburg... June 30th.

But I'd be a civilian, and heading West! ;)

Yeah, I was going to say- I don't think the Conver has enough firepower for that particular situation.

I'd be a wealthy English lady sometime around the turn of the century , busy giving seances in fabulous old houses and meeting the interesting people we read about now as part of history . I think I'd choose one of the Marseilles or a Minchiate deck.

shadowdancer

interesting question

It would have to be somewhere magical... perhaps somewhere like Atlantis where there would be no wars, no disharmony and plenty of tolerance and laughter. I would be sitting by stream, with the air clear and unpolluted, animals approaching me without any fear - just curiosity. I think I would in that case have my own created deck which would fit with that scenario, as it already has the feel of innocence to it. (not yet produced but I can see it clearly in my head)

Otherwise if I were to use a current deck, I think it would be the Tarot of Dreams. Perhaps some would say that is a bit predictable, but I just love losing myelf in the world of fantasy, and that is perhaps the only one I have at the moment where my imagination can go wandering off into other realms.

Davina

Aulruna

10 years ago, Jackson Square, New Orleans - while it was still in its dark glory.

Just a reader, with my own special painted card table, parasol, and a bowl of mojos to give away.

Ah, what a dream.

Astraea Aurora

I would be me, but back in Celtic times. Just because I like that time and feel a connection to it. And yeah, I would be me, doing music.

Don`t know what deck I would pick for that, maybe DruidCraft? Maybe none.

Blessings, Astraea Aurora

Rabbit

I would be ELVIS

I do not know what years, but I do know he studied the metaphysical. I would have Chris Paradis Rock n Roll Tarot. Perhaps I would ask it, "What are the Colonels real intentions?"
I do not believe that Colonel Tom Parker had Elvis best interests in mind.

Sophie

In the early 16th Century, in the court of the Este family, a young lady playing the lute, getting giddy on romance with a bold Romeo and composing songs on these intriguing Tarocchi cards that we would sing together in a pleasure garden, under a bower of roses (the Love card, of course ;))

la-luna

Begin 20th century Paris the Moulin Rouge and quarter Pigale drinking litres of absinth with famous artist-bohemians with of course why not ask Toulouse-Lautrec to paint one for me ?

Agathe

I would like to be me, maybe 50 or 100 years ago, living by the sea somewhere in New England, having my little herb garden and a peaceful life :)