Curious about readings styles

SunChariot

Just checking. I seem to have developed my own reading style over time. I was wondering how many others read the same way I do. All I know is it works for me. Does anyone else read this way???

I find over and over, for me anyway, that my readings are much more accurate when I do not use the book meanings. Although I sometimes very very briefly touch upon the basic meanings of the Majors are of the suits in the reading. Actually, over time, I have developed my own technique that works well for me. I myself have never thought of myself as psychic, but a lot of the people I read for think I must be, so maybe my techniqeu is developing that in me.

I wonder if others do what I do, read as I read...? A short descrition would be:

For this card
http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC2/pages/ 80.htm

and the question "What do I need to know about my job right now?"

My method is very very inkblot/Rorschach test. LOL It is just like that. But it works somehow. Makes sense in a way because I guess what those inkblot tests are meant to do it to get to what is hidden in your unconscious, and intuitive/psychic reading can be a lot related to that.

Of course the question and position are very important to the answer. They lead it where it needs to go. And sometimes the other surrounding cards associate themselves.

Anyway....Let's say the question is "What do I need to know about my job right now?" and it was the card above that came up.... It's basically a three step process.

1) look at the image and notice any symbolism that stands out on that particular day and feels relevant, mark it down. It will not be the same symbols that strike you each time you use the same card.

2) look at each symbol from part 1, one at a time and (very psychological stuff, LOL) sense the very very first thing(s) it reminds you of, jot that down. These also can and often do vary a lot from reading to reading. Anything at all (a dress you had as a child, a class at school, just anything you first think of....no judgements, no matter what it is trust if it came to you there is a valid reason for it) Just for the pure fun of it and to see what you'll discover. It is fun too. No doubts just do it.The minute you feel a doubt creep in it's over and you need to take a break and start again. The doubts ruin the intuition. What you feel about each can be relevant as well. You could add that in too.

3) take all the notes of from part 2 and relate them back to the question.
You can do one symbol at a time or do all them all the 1's then all the 2's then all the 3's....

Let's say, ok, the question again was "What do I need to know about my job right now?" with the above card, a short version would be:

1 a) purple sky
b) stars (9)
c) unicorn
d) unicorn is white
e) has cut of horn
f) trees inside his stomach
g) horse body with human face....
go on as long as you feel like it, whatever seems relevant...keeping the question somewhere way in the back of your mind, part 2

2 a) reminds me of purple velvet dress I wore when I was 12 at my graduation=completing something/pride
b) success, fame
c) magical, faerytale creature, faeries, magic of life
d) white=wedding dress, happiness, joining of two things
e) something damaged
f) natural growth that is part of their being
g) the animal part of ourselves/instincts

Part 3 is just pulling it together into the story answer...And this is intiutive to in a sense. You have to feel where it;'s going and how it connects. And once it's flowing and you're in the flow add in anything you think of sponaneously that's part of the flow and has not been thought about or doubted.

So

3) Let's say what the person needs to look at in their job right now is how to take pride in his/her work How to complete each day and go home feeling a sense of pride at what he/she has accomplished. That is something they need to do. And it is part of thier personal vision of what success on the job means.

They need to not let things get boring for them and find the feeling of magic and connection in what they are doing to be happy there.

This card also says that balance should be maintained between the two areas of their lives (work and home). These much join in their lives in a harmonious way.

Something that once felt magical to them at work, now feels damaged. They are having trouble feeling that old magic they used to at their job...They need to work to find it again.

Take some time out in nature to relax...remember you are part of nature (nature is in you and all around you) and it is part of you.

Follow your instincts. Trust them they will be accurate at this time...

So that is a short reading...

Honestly, the key is faith. Just let it flow and trust the answers are coming from a valid place.

I read somewhere, and this REALLY really really helped me, that it is very very normal when reading intuitively (and I read best when doing it purely intuitively) to feel like you are making the answers up, like they are coming from nowhere. Because what we are really doing is pulling the answers up from our unconscious minds. While the unconscious is a great source of wisdom and is connected to so much more, the conscious mind has no idea at all what is down there. So it is completely natural when reading intuitively to feel like you are making the answers up and it's total nonsense. But it's not and you aren't. You're just connecting to something deeper than yourself that your conscious mind is not fully aware of. So if I ever start to doubt, I remember that that is just a sign that I am doing it right.

And that's about it. It's a blast! And it's so much fun. You wouldn't think it would work, but I have saved all my readings all aloing, and it has always worked very well as a method. And of course like any skill you get better at it with time. I am getting better with the method. I can take shortcuts now and they work, and the readings are getting more and more accurate. Sometimes already now I can just look at the symbol and feel exactly what it means. And then the querent tells me it was right.

Babs

Alta

Although you mention tarot briefly in the first paragraph, this seems to be mainly about reading oracle cards. ???? Need to decide where it should go.

Marion

co-Moderator Talking Tarot

zannamarie

Babs,

When I read tarot card intuitively (which I am doing more and more of), I put the querant (or key person in the question) in the middle of the scene in the card. And then taking into account the question and the spread position meaning, I take what comes to mind.

For the example that you've shown, I would answer the question "What do I need to know about my job right now?" by saying, "It seems to be getting you down a bit but there's a lot of potential out there for you to be happy. Open your eyes, pick your head up and look about you and you will see it."

(btw - Is this the Star card of this deck?)

I then would compare what I got with the "standard meaning" for the card, look at numerology, similarities with other cards, suits, how the card seems to 'interact' with ones around it, etc. to come up with a final interpretation.

At this point, I don't usually get too detailed on my intuitive impression because by starting to look at too many details on the card, I think I am at the point of looking at the card more intellectually rather than intuitively and lose some of my accuracy.

SunChariot

Marion said:
Although you mention tarot briefly in the first paragraph, this seems to be mainly about reading oracle cards. ???? Need to decide where it should go.

Marion

co-Moderator Talking Tarot
No, the whole thing was about how I read Tarot. I guess I chose the wrong image to use as an example, but that really is the way I read Tarot cards. Which was mainly the point I was trying to make. And to see if anyone else read Tarot that way.

Babs

SunChariot

zannamarie said:
Babs,

For the example that you've shown, I would answer the question "What do I need to know about my job right now?" by saying, "It seems to be getting you down a bit but there's a lot of potential out there for you to be happy. Open your eyes, pick your head up and look about you and you will see it."

(btw - Is this the Star card of this deck?)

Cool, I really love that technque! No, it was a card I had from an Oracle, which I think is what confused everybody. But I was just trying to show the technique that I use, not so much the card. As it really is how I read Tarot. And I was curious if anyone read Tarot as I do, because so many people seem to use the trraditional book meanings more than I do. :grin:

I only used that example because I had that text (that I printed above) already typed out in a letter to a friend, so it was easy to copy and paste it. That and it was a fairly easy image to analyse. But that really is how I read Tarot and that was basically the point. :grin: It wasn't so much about the card as the technique. Which is teh technique I use whenever I read. And it is the way of reading Tarot that works best for me. It's what I do, how I read Tarot.

Babs

SunChariot

zannamarie said:
At this point, I don't usually get too detailed on my intuitive impression because by starting to look at too many details on the card, I think I am at the point of looking at the card more intellectually rather than intuitively and lose some of my accuracy.

Know what you mean about that. Me too, if I get too intellectual, the accuracy suffers. Me too.

Babs

jmd

I tend to agree with the overall form of reading each card. This is also what I mean by suggesting to allow the eyes to be drawn to any detail, and allowing that detail to become narrative in the reading at hand.

On the other hand, I would also suggest that what also plays in the background is not only the detail to which the eye may get drawn, but also one's ever deepening appreciation of the card as a whole, and its relationship to other cards in the deck, even if they are not drawn.

For example, (and I'll use another card as the example given is not Tarot) the Star card may focus on the manner in which the waters flow, but also what plays in the background is the overall card's position in the series, its paired card to the Chariot (for those of us who see significance in pairings), and its other depiction as representing astronomy.

SunChariot

jmd said:
I tend to agree with the overall form of reading each card. This is also what I mean by suggesting to allow the eyes to be drawn to any detail, and allowing that detail to become narrative in the reading at hand.

On the other hand, I would also suggest that what also plays in the background is not only the detail to which the eye may get drawn, but also one's ever deepening appreciation of the card as a whole, and its relationship to other cards in the deck, even if they are not drawn.

For example, (and I'll use another card as the example given is not Tarot) the Star card may focus on the manner in which the waters flow, but also what plays in the background is the overall card's position in the series, its paired card to the Chariot (for those of us who see significance in pairings), and its other depiction as representing astronomy.

I see connections between cards in a reading when the same symbol or similar body language appears in both: that connects them. And sometimes the overall feel of the card does figure in too.

If I appreciate the card as a whole, it's as a magic every changing tapestry. I never see the same thing/meaning in a card twice. And I love that, the magic of it and that it works. I don't like to get tied down to set meanings for a card.

Babs

ana luisa

SC, I also read as you do! Let the message come to you. I understand why Marion mentioned the oracles because the symbols there do allow for more "trips" into the picture. I started reading oracles and then turned to Tarot. I kept the same MO lol. The answer to a question is sometimes not closely related to the image and sometimes not at all. I remember once, I was doing a "health" reading and interpreted the wedding ring (Lenormand) as intestinal problems! I guess that´s what people call intuitive reading...

SunChariot

ana luisa said:
SC, I also read as you do! Let the message come to you. I understand why Marion mentioned the oracles because the symbols there do allow for more "trips" into the picture. I started reading oracles and then turned to Tarot. I kept the same MO lol. The answer to a question is sometimes not closely related to the image and sometimes not at all. I remember once, I was doing a "health" reading and interpreted the wedding ring (Lenormand) as intestinal problems! I guess that´s what people call intuitive reading...

That's so cool that someone else does what I do. I almost thought I had made it up. :grin: I haven't run into anyone else who did it that way. I started with Tarot. I used only Tarot for a long time. I think it came from starting Tarot with an untraditional deck (the Haindl). I took this course and soon found that the book meanings they were sending me had next to nothing to do with the meanings of my cards (for the pips most of all), then in reading different books each gave different meanings again....I was forced to get creative in that way, and I never got to dependent on book meanings.

That happens to me too, sometimes the card's image looks nothing like what you'd expect the answer to the questions to be. But the answer can be deep and accurate all the same.

I can see you're good at intuitive reading! :grin: For some reason it is the way I get my most accurate readings. And for me it's what most makes me see and feel the magic of Tarot. Or put another way, I guess that magic is in us. Whereever it is it's just magical. LOL

Babs