Sabian Symbol question

huredriel

Just getting into the Sabian Symbols, but was wondering what the following mean, and how they are meshed in view of the symbol drawn:

Sign opposite this Symbol
180 degrees ahead or behind LOL, but not sure of *meaning* per se ..... would it be a *blockage* or to the detriment of the symbol drawn?

Karmic Symbol
Am taking this to be the symbol 1 degree behind the symbol drawn ...... karmic baggage?

Quest Symbol
1 symbol ahead ...... like the north node in a natal chart .... karmic lesson/purpose?

Tension Symbols
Not a clue about this

The Five Pointed Star
Not a clue about this

Many thanks
x Huredriel

MODS - Wasn't sure whether to post this in Study Group for link into main thread for beginners or to leave as a general question - please move if in wrong place.

MCsea

Hi there :)

Hi Huredriel,

Ill have a go at these, As an oracle reading -
I think the main thing is the sabian symbols - for me anyway work as a story not always black and white. Astrologically they sometimes mean slightly different things as you read them with a planet or position.. so Ill stick with oracles here in this thread..

The 180 opposite symbol, can mean a blockage or something hidden, new information or a warning, or it can re-inforce the meaning of the symbol at some higher level. More often than not its more information rather than 'negative' information.

Karmic Symbol - is the symbol before the drawn symbol, and indicates 'history' or baggage as you put it, some insight into the possible causes of the current set of circumstances if you like.

The Quest Symbol is the symbol after the drawn sabian symbol - and acts like a focus as a potential outcome, purpose or lesson as you say.

Both the karmic and quest symbol have lots in common with the drawn symbol in many cases there is a flow on affect, so for me its a great use of extra information for me to decide more accurately on a course of action.

Tension Symbols are 90 degrees apart - 4 of them 'squares' to the sabian symbol drawn - often hightlights real issues with the time frame and oracle reading. for example Aries 1 is number 1 add 90 to get Cancer 1 and another 90 to get Libra 1 and another 90 to get capricorn 1.

The five pointed star is a quintile aspect - 72 degrees - makes a 5 pointed star pattern, this for me anyway is a perfect 'time line' once the first symbol happens look to the second one, then the third, see how they appear or what they mean in the progression of the 'story' or life and anticipate the next symbol - in preparation and readiness. For example Aries 1 add 72 to get Gemini 13 (lynda Hills book is really useful for this because her page numbers equal the numerology of the symbol)

Im sure other people will comment too, I think the way the symbols work is very personal, you can take as much or as little as you need from them

:)

MARINA

huredriel

Wonderful, thanks Marina :)

Elven

Cant add to that Marina! Its a great interpretation of relating the symbols to each other when you use them as an Oracle.

The only thing I can think of which we do in tarot in a similar fashion is the quint card, the base card, the numerological assignments and that sort of thing where we look for correspondences which help add layers of meanings to the overall main draw.

Blessings Marina and huredriel
Elven x

MCsea

:)

thanks I hope it makes sense, and helps the symbols come alive for you

MARINA