Saturn and Uranus in Alignment

jojojo

I have been told that Saturn and Uranus are in alignment in my sun sign (capricorn) this month (August) and that this is a rare event. Can anyone explain what this means for me.

With Saturn being about stability and security and Uranus change and upheaval - does that not contradict itself!!! Which one will win!

rainwolf

Well if its your natal saturn, and uranus is transiting it, I would think your stability and saturnine qualities would be shaken up. It's not one planet winning over another, but which planet is moving is affecting the one standing still that represents the foundation-you.

I'll look for a book that said something about these two together and how they compliment somewhat. I think it was about society/authority and how it must change through time, for good or bad.

star-lover

hi jo dyou give your permission for me to post your natal chart with transits? the pros on here might get a better picture - let me know and also if you want me to edit your personal details and just post the chart

jojojo

Thanks rainwolf ...gives me a better understanding...and starlover yes of course it would be great if you wanted to post my natal chart - edit whatever, I dont mind at all - I was born 18th January 1974 at 10.02am in Croydon, England - if that helps!

star-lover

dont want to confuse you but just a couple things

Jojo where did you read all that in the first place - I would like to check out the site - saturn is in leo and uranus in pisces - not in capricorn at all

Anyway here is the chart (you may have to click the little orange expand box if it shrinks)

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/8493/jojodq2.jpg

there is no current transit to your natal uranus and saturn/uranus are not transiting any other of your planets

the only one i can see is transiting pluto is opposing your natal saturn

the only connection i can see is that both transiting saturn and uranus are in 14 degrees of their respective signs - perhaps thats what was meant by alignment? in any case you don't have anything at 14 degrees

perhaps the more experienced astrologers here can take a look

jojojo

Thanks starlover.

It was from the jonathan cainer website. "A rare, life changing alignment from Saturn to Uranus says this is a time for finding your own power and trusting your own judgement." This is from my weekly horoscope - the detailed one went into much more about the planets blah blah.

Call me daft but I am wanting to tell a friend of mine that they haven't treated me that well over the past couple of weeks. They have been thoughtless regarding my feelings. I know that telling my friend this will upset him as he is a very sensitive soul, and it would pain him to think he has made me feel this way. But it is something I just ahve to say...or do I? I was trying to look into the stars/planets to see whether I should stand for what I know is true, or to let it lie.

star-lover

The last thing you need now is someone's big idea about what you ought to be doing - or about what your situation needs. The trouble with advice is, when you ask for it - or even so much as hint that you are willing to take some, people feel obliged to give you the benefit of their opinion. Then, once you've got it, you can never be sure whether you have been pressured into taking it too seriously - or pushed into doing the opposite out of cussedness. Consult nobody now. Trust yourself. A rare, life changing alignment from Saturn to Uranus says this is a time for finding your own power and trusting your own judgement
---------------------------------

this one! Oh well confusion solved lol

Well this is what I think - yes he is talking about saturn and uranus being in a certain aspect - I think it is the quincunx aspect 150 degrees - and the reason its in your horoscope this week is because saturn is capricorn's ruler and since saturn is aspecting uranus he has mixed the meaning of these two planets and come out with the finding your own way, power, making your own mind up and not leaning to tradition/authority - uranus is the rebel, the free self, independence etc opposed to the conformist stable saturn - as rainwolf was saying blending these two can be tricky sometimes

as regards speaking to your friend - I would not leave it - you need to express your feelings and he needs to be aware - but I would think about telling him in a gentle way - he has to know but you have to strike a balance between making him realise you were upset but that you dont want to upset him

thats what I would do - but its your choice! dont take my advice as per what the horoscope said lol - make up your own

perhaps tarot would be better in this case to decide whether to speak to him or not

jojojo

star-lover said:
as regards speaking to your friend - I would not leave it - you need to express your feelings and he needs to be aware - but I would think about telling him in a gentle way - he has to know but you have to strike a balance between making him realise you were upset but that you dont want to upset him

thats what I would do - but its your choice! dont take my advice as per what the horoscope said lol - make up your own

hahaha, indeed. Yep, I have an email written - and it is just as you say perfectly non-judgemental and very gentle. Saying everything is ok, but that his actions made me feel x, y, z. I'm just getting myself scared about sending it.

Tarot, yes, maybe.....oh, I don't know!!!!

star-lover

well if you're in doubt and think it may do more harm than good don't send it just yet

have a breather and perhaps do a reading on the boards