Looking for bookstore

xiyang

Hello guys,

Does someone know bookstores selling taort deck and books in toronto, I mean except for Chapters.

Alta

Since the Omega Centre closed its doors (sniff) the World's Biggest Bookstore on Dundas is about your best bet, that I know about anyway.

Asenath

Marion said:
Since the Omega Centre closed its doors (sniff) the World's Biggest Bookstore on Dundas is about your best bet, that I know about anyway.

I second Marion's suggestion of the WBB. They have quite a selection and a binder with samples of the cards that they sell.

Bat Chicken

There are several small pagan shops - it's best to do a search on the internet. I think there is a popular one called the Wicca Shoppe?? Never been (as I am a little to far out of Toronto) but I hear it's a good one...

Lion-O

Not to advertise but for whats it worth I really like buying from Amazon. Its not the answer you were looking for but heck. Over here in Holland I'm having quite some difficulty finding a shop actually selling books and decks so I'm pretty much relying on the Internet. And thats where Amazon has managed to fill in the gap extremely well.

NightWing

Tarot Shops in Toronto

There are two locations of the Eternal Moment Bookstore, one on Bloor near Bathurst, and the other on Yonge near Lawrence. Both have tarot decks, but the Bloor location has a larger selection.

In the suburbs, there is the Odyssey in Ajax, on (Old) Kingston Road. They have a decent selection of decks as well as books and accessories. Also a shop in Markham on Hwy. #7, but I am sorry; I don't have the name in front of me. It is in the yellow pages under "bookstores". Also a small shop in Brampton on Queen St. there, just west of the downtown core.

A womens' bookstore on Harbord just a few doors west of Spadina has a few decks, mostly of a feminist bent (the Goddess Tarot, and such).

The Wicca Shop on Queen St. East has a good selection, but is fairly expensive.

If there are any others not mentioned on the thread so far, I'd love to hear about them!

I try to buy from local, independent dealers when possible, to support them and prevent them from vanishing.

Bat Chicken

Oh - of course!
The one in Brampton is "Earthworks"......

NightWing

Another Toronto Tarot Merchant

A friend has reminded me of another Toronto tarot source: this one is the Occult Shop, located on Vaughan Road, about 1 block north of St. Clair Avenue, and just west of Bathurst. They carry books, incense, Wiccan supplies, jewelry, and quite a number of tarot and oracle decks/sets (50+).